Body Flaws and Dating a New Guy - What should I do?

So, I've recently started see this guy, he's great and I'm really enjoying hanging out with him. But! I'm really nervous to reveal my insecurities to him, and in particular my self consciousness about my body. I have a lot of stretch marks, on my butt, hips, thighs, etc (literally, this list goes on) and I'm worried about what he will think of them. Particularly because its the summer, which means shorts, and probably bikinis at the beach.

He's 26 and I'm 21. My body isn't in bad shape, like I actually don't mind my figure. I have a slim build that I would be completely fine with if it wasn't for the stretch marks. Should I be nervous? Should I tell him that they make me insecure? I'm not sure whether to cover them up or let them show. Opinions please!

Most Helpful Guy

• if he genuinely likes you he won't care

Most Helpful Girl

• no, don't point out your weaknesses to the other. It only makes you less confident and unattractive...
    Only when you're 100% sure that you love this person and he loves you regardless of your stupid stretch marks, you can be open... but even then I would recommend not telling all these things and being so vulnerable to someone else

What Guys Said 3

• Yours is a really common question on GAG. It's so common that any guy who has a policy of "no stretch marks on a girl" is gonna have a pretty lonely dating life. That's 'cause it's really common for girls to have them. To me they're not a big deal.

• For me stretch marks don't look bad. The skin does that when you grow quickly and you have no control over it.

But some stupid tattoo reveals that at one time you thought Justin Bieber would actually marry you.

• If a guy gets turned off by some stretch marks then he is a woman.

What Girls Said 0