Is flirting cheating?

I love my boyfriend, and i'll never give myself away to anyone but him. But the thing is i can't help but to flirt with other guys. Like it just happens, i'm not even thinking about doing it. I'm a pretty attractive girl and a lot of guys come onto me, and i kind of enjoy this and play around with it a bit. I would never cheat on my boyfriend, but i know if he heard some of my conversations he'd be pissed and probably wouldn't even talk to me anymore. In your opinion is flirting cheating? What would you do if you saw your girlfriend/boyfriend flirting with someone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not cheating, but it shows that you have no control over yourself. "It just happens"... No it doesn't, you willingly do it. Like I said, it's not cheating, but for me, it is grounds to leave you.

What Guys Said 6

• I'd be pissed

• What is defined as cheating is usually determined by the SO... I've dated girls that knew i was a flirt and didn't care, and girls that knew i was a flirt and hated it calling it cheating. Hell, I've been with a girl who deemed texting another girl as cheating... you know that relationship was short. It all depends.
    I personally encourage it... but then again, i have twisted reasons why 😈

• Lol i'm curious about these reasons. But that's the thing i would hate if my boyfriend flirted with other girls but here i am doing it.

• see... so you can't complain...

• No, but should you go to a bar as an alcoholic? Should you hang out at a drug den, even if you don't intend to do drugs?

• No but I'd be disappointed.

• Not cheating but ita definitely disrespectful.

• It is not but it can lead to cheating, and many times people don't have a grip over themselves, it may get worse later so I wouldn't flirt with a girl when I am with someone.

What Girls Said 9

• it is not cheating per se, but it is totally disrespectful to the relationship if you flirt around, knowing exactly well your boyfriend would be pissed if he knew.
    Just imagine your boyfriend doing the same thing, would you be 100% cool with that?

I know that getting hit on is a Ego boost, and I'm always flattered when it happens to me, but that's as far as it goes. I always inform the dude politely that "thanks but I'm happily engaged"
    Never put a good relationship in danger just because you need some attention for some reason. You should work on your need for approval.

• It's not cheating, but very disrespectful to flirt with other people when in a relationship.

I'd never flirt with other guys if I was in a relationship. The only guy I'd flirt with would be my SO. I wouldn't want other guys to be under the impression that something more could happen between us. Plus, I wouldn't humiliate my SO that way.

Some people are naturally flirty , but if it makes your SO uncomfortable then you should make a sacrifice for him by not putting him in an uncomfortable position

• I personally wouldn't call it cheating, but is it a breach of trust and respect in your relationship? Yes. My rule is, don't do anything you wouldn't be okay with him doing.

• TO me yes!

• its very disrespectful and yeah.. sounds like almost cheating

• It depends what the people in the relationship consider cheating to be, so my advice would be to ask if he is comfortable with it and what he thinks about it. To me, it is slightly, but not completely where I would break up with them.

• That's considered emotional cheating to a lot of people.

• Most guys think you are flirting when u are just being friendly so they will most likely not appreciate it. But in my opinion if people flirt with u and u are being friendly .. that's ok. However if u have inappropriate conversation with guys who flirt with you that would be not cool.

• It is a form of cheating and I would be very upset, but that is just my personhood. Maybe your boyfriend has a different tolerance level than others. I wish you both all the best in your relationship.

• Thank you. But no he doesn't like me flirting with other guys its disrespectful to him 100%

• You're welcome. ;)