Why aren't guys like this anymore?

i really wanna let out how i want my future love to treat me. i dont agree with today's bullshit sexting and everything always leads up to sex. i just want a guy to look at me dreamily and tell me how much he loves my smile and my little quirks. and to tell me that i dont have to change anything that im beautiful. i know this may sound self centered but i dont want a guy just to always want to screw me. i understand that sex is a way to get closer but it shouldn't be tje only thing couples think about. i hope other girls agree with me. just wanted to let it out haha thanks x

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah like what others have said, he's out there for you. With so many leaves in the way, it'll be hard to find a flower that's in the same field you're standing in.
    A good way to find the one is to be sociable. Be friendly, courteous to others, and learn to enjoy small talk with people. You'll soon find out that you're noticing patterns in certain individuals. The more people you connect with, the more patterns you'll see in people. These patterns are what you like in a guy, and finding what you're looking for in one too. By noticing patterns in certain individuals you'll naturally become more and more interested in them which can escalate into something bigger if you both want it to. Think about it as pulling weeds from your garden. By being naturally social, you'll talk to more people, find the ones you like, the ones you click with, the ones you don't like, ones who you think you'll be good friends with, etc

Most Helpful Girl

• well... today's society tells you to screw yourself over and call it "Freedom"

and tells women specifically to degrade themselves and call it "empowerment"

and tells men to compete on who is the worst father and partner and rap about it and call guys who are actually gentlemen "gay"

so yea... stick to your values and dont follow the hype or any of these trends...
    there is a guy out there also feeling trapped in today's world and wondering if a girl like you exists who doesn't believe in any of today's mess

What Guys Said 17

• I think you just described me, haha. In all serious though, no one is perfect. I'm a lot like you. I just want a girl who truly loves me for who I am and wants to have a special bond with me. And I also don't want everything to be about sex, because there are honestly more important things in my opinion. I decided a long time ago that modern love just isn't for me, and apparently, it isn't for you either. I know I'll find someone someday, and so will you. You just have to take the opportunity when it comes.

• Because you're not looking in the right direction; guys like these still exist, and they're more common than you think. Yes, there's a lot of fuckboys that simply want sex, but there's also nice guys that will fight the world's strongest man barehanded for their girl; guys that can truly love. You'll find one eventually (hint, they're usually the quiet ones).

• don't worry, he exists.

• "Anymore"? You're 16, the only thing you know about guys is HS guys, how the heck do you know what guys were like years ago?
    The idea you have of a guy is what you're show in movies... which is the same idea many girls have. That kind of idea that you want a perfect man while you're not perfect yourself.

Guys that want relationships don't just do it for the sex, there's much more that guys want and do, because their girlfriend isn't just a "sex object" for them.

Stop thinking life is a movie, cause no guy ever will be like those in the movies.

• Oh, so you know so much more when you're only twenty?

I may not be old myself but I hear stories from my parents, grandparents, family members, and older friends who talk about ways people used to be in years past. Decent guys don't just exist in movies. My father was always the type to tell his love how beautiful she was and to cheer her up when she felt down. I know some men who still do it. Just because it's not common doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Also, you shouldn't call someone out because of their age when you're not that old yourself.

• @LittleFinch I never said I knew much more, I'm just tired of young people saying how the old times were better when they never lived during those times.
      You hear lots of girls say how back in the 50's men where much better, but fail to realize that if a man didn't like the sandwich you made, he could slap you in the face and you could do nothing.

There's many many many guys just like your dad. I never said decent guys only exit in movies, cause I know I'm a decent guy (and a romantic guy too), but the way you said it in your questions seemed like you were describing the typical chick flick.
      "to tell me that i dont have to change anything that im beautiful" this only happens in movies, cause in reality, if the guy really likes you, he will point out your flaws and help you improve yourself. It's impossible for 2 people to love absolutely everything from their partner, so in order to coexist, they gotta work through their differences.

• Oops, I thought you were the @asker, my bad. Still, my point is the same.

• He will pretend he's the way you want him to be... and you will pretend you're the way he wants a girl to be... and then you'll get married... and will either let your true colors show, or will go on your whole life maintaining the pretend so that you're not inconsistent with who you have convinced your partner you really are... for fear that they stop maintaining their own pretend as well... and then you'll die.

The End

• I hope you're planning to treat the guy in the same way. ^.^

• There are guys like this... You're just looking at the wrong ones.

• ohhh hun you are 16
    keep dreaming
    cause all my dreams are gonna
    I no longer dream of finding my princess
    in this horde of whores

• Umm
    The type of guy you want exists
    And i exactly think that way
    Love can be expressed by many ways not only by sex :P

• You're 16, you likely don't realize that many guys outside of high school are not like this (i. e. sending dick picks).

• Maybe you watched too much tv. Nothing is different now than it was years ago.

• You're fucked.

• Dont go look for the Alpha male, "the badboy" the one that already gets al the attention. Go look for his friend thats funny but a little shy. He is probably the one !

• He's out there.

• Good gurl
    I think like you too

• They're still out there. The problem with guys who are bit more in tune with their emotions and care about personality also seem to care a little too much and thus are too shy to ask women out because they take rejection really hard.

• Lol you're 16... still a kid. You're in a phase... it'll pass eventually sweety

What Girls Said 3

• I understand, because I feel the same way. Everything in our society is totally oversexualized, and it's made to seem that if you aren't having sex in your relationship you're not happy. Really, that's not it at all. What you're describing is more romantic, which is quite nice and sadly not as portrayed today.

• I feel the same way. You are not alone! :)

• I agree 100% but I'm sure the type of guy you're looking for exist. Don't lose hope. lol