How soon do you wish to become exclusive with someone after you meet them & go on dates?

Also, if neither is pressuring for exclusivity early on, is that a bad sign? Or is it smart to really get to know the person first?

Im only asking because I'm beyond confused. My first be ever was 29 and I was 20. After the second date he wanted to be exclusive. And we only had gone to dinner one night and another day went and played pool.

I met a guy (a year later) who is 27, and he doesn't want exclusivity right away, he told me right away that he wants to be casual and then see where it goes. it's been a month.. Granted we haven't spent A LOT of time together bc I was out of town a bit and when I got back he's been busy with work, so the days we spend together are much more spaced out. Sometimes a full week passes.

Which is better?

What Guys Said 2

• usually 3 dates

• I don't consider it exclusive until there is sex.

What Girls Said 1

• It's different for each person.