Can a woman/man LOVE two different men/women at the same time?

what are your thoughts on this?
share an opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can have a crush on more 1 man at the tîme (small crush that is) but I can't love or even have a big crush on more than one guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure but it's unlikely they would love both of them equally.

What Girls Said 11

• yes, they can~ it's called polyamory, and it's been around for hundreds of years.

that said, it's pretty uncommon and most people just use it as an excuse to sleep around. or they mistake infatuation/sexual attraction for love, or their choice is mired in some sort of religious or patriarchal ideology a la sister wives.

• I can't speak for anyone but myself. I can, however, say that I have loved more than one man in my life. And at times I have loved more than one at a time and have been forced to choose between them. So I most definitely can. Not sure about other people. We all have our own ideals and theories about what love is.

• Let's see what Usher says...
    https://youtu.be/n8b2yZCY-30

• Call me a hopeless romantic, but I think true love is all-consuming and therefore leaves no room for anyone else.

• Can a parent love two children at the same time? Can you love two of your siblings or friends at the same time? Why wouldn't you be able to love more than one person at a time?

• Yes, definitely. But I wouldn't say that both of the people can be loved equally or in the same manner.

• Yeah but if this happens choose the second person because if you truly loved the first one you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second.

• If you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second one.

• Using that logic, a parent with one baby should never have another. Because they could never fall in love with the subsequent babies. I don't think it's that simple.

• @MargaritaPeach That's emotional cheating. And I stand by the belief that if you love your partner, you're not capable of cheating, emotional or physical.

• It's easy to believe that when you are 19. :) My husband and I have a strong enough relationship that we can develop feelings for other people from time to time and still stay true to each other. We have been in love for over 20 years--longer than you've been alive. :) in an ideal world, your love would consume you forever, and you'd never even look at another. In the real world, it doesn't always work that way. But I hope it turns out that way for you. Just please be aware that relationships survive 'emotional cheating' all the time and grow even stronger afterwards. It's great that you are already setting boundaries for yourself. That is a good place to start.

• It can happen. I wish there was a poll.

• Yes, I know many examples of very happy polygamous households.

• nope. you can be interested in 2 people at same time, but then once you commit with one... you love them completely.

What Guys Said 8

• NOPE!
    I think that's full of bullshit just like the bachelor and how Ben "loved" both Lauren and Jojo. You can have heavy interest in two people maybe if you are in a really hard spot somehow but loving someone means they are the most important person in the world and you would die for them. if someone was to feel like this then I would tell them to rethink their life and maybe read about what "love" really is.

• No they can't

• A man can sleep with 100 girls and claim to love all, but will truly love only one girl.

A woman will say she loves one person only, but can love more than one person (sometimes temporary) and never even act or admit it.

This is usually though, not everyone

• Some can some can't

• A friend of mine is polyamorous and I made fun of him for being a dirty hippie for a long time... until it happened to me.

• No to me that's impossible

• I do not know.

• Yes. Also, why not just ask "Can someone love two different people at the same time"?