I like her, but I told her that I have a girlfriend?

So there's this girl I met in university that I find quiet interesting and pretty, I sat next to her several times during the lecture, but our discussion hasn't gone farther than things like " what about this professor" or " which music do you like" and things like that ( I've never gone further than that with any girl actually).

I dont have have many friends or a girlfriend and I never had one, because I don't need friends to be happy. I have some few acquaintances, who I meet sometimes. I just tell people that I have friends and a girlfriend so that they don't see me as a creep and to avoid discussions.

Miso at the beginning I wasn't that interested in her, so I also told her about my " many friends" and about a girlfriend, who I don't have. But after some time I realized that I like her, so in order to know her better I thought about asking her if she would like to learn with me for the exam, she is willing to do so, though we haven't planned a time yet. And I thought that afterwards I would invite her on a coffee in order to talk more and to get to know each other better.

i don't have a lot of hope that we will start to date one day, because I don't know how to flirt or anything, and I don't want quick sex ( and if she is the type of girl who likes casual sex, then she is not the right girl for me anyway,)

but what can I do to tell her that I actually don't have a girlfriend? And how can I show more interest, without willing to have sex before starting a real relationship with commitment?

Sorry for this long text, but I really need your advice.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ah, yes.
    I have been there, and done that.

I would just say this:" I am single now". And then after a while, "I find you to be very interesting; I would like to get to know you better."

Try to think more in the present than the future, and for now on, honesty is the best policy.

Don't be like me where I hid my feelings. I regret it to this day. >.<

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel ya man. My best opinion is that you try to casually make more conversation.
    Key point: Make her laugh!!!
    If she realizes how fun/interesting it is to be around you, she'll want to be around you even more and she'll start to like you. But be careful. Make sure you're not friend zoned. Insert a little love gesture here and there.
    -HW

• Yeah true, I notice that almost every girl AND guy like their partner to humorous and funny, but actually I'm no and I haven't said anything funny for a long time. But for me it's not important that the girl should be funny and humorous as well, I prefer honest and polite girls.

• And what do you mean by "Insert a little love gesture here and there."? You mean I should tease her? I don't even know her that well.

• Maybe a poke, sit close to her if you can. Just try to make little physical contact

What Girls Said 2

• I hate when guys start out with lies. SMH, why is it so hard to just tell the truth?

Start over with her by telling her the truth, that you made everything up, then its up to her whether or not she wants to get involved with a compulsive liar.

Good Luck!

• lol, just be honest. It's okay.

What Guys Said 0