Online dating/online personal ads....work?

they seem rather pathetic to me...but that may just be me...any success stories?

Most Helpful Girl

• ehh...I have some friends that have met online and are still together two years later. I personally have used a dating site and found it very depressing - the people positively wreak of desperation. It's one thing to be a professional and not have the time to go out and socialize, it's another to be so socially retarded that this is the only way you could possibly get someone to go out with you.

I guess it's a hit and miss kind of thing. I just like meeting people face to face - you learn way more about them than what a profile they write themselves will tell you (most are just not that honest).

What Girls Said 2

• *raises hand* ^__^

I met my current boy via the great interwebs and Plenty of Fish. It turns out that I walked by him just about every day on my way to school and never gave him more than a nod or a 'good morning'. We're quite happy together, so I'm glad I posted that profile. <3

• I met my boyfriend on the internet and we have been dating since september... its working for us. But it isn't for everyone. Lots of my friends have tried and it doesn't work out.

What Guys Said 2

• Met my wife 9 years ago on AOL personals.

• It ok when you are in school or uni, lots of single people easy to socialise and meet you have lots of time on your hands, when you start working its harder to meet people and you have less time so online dating is convenient. Yes it works, but its not for everyone and their are pitfalls, people lie in the profiles, age status etc...