Does it matter if people cheat?

should it be acceptable to do so?

Most Helpful Girl

• It matters to most people. Betrayal of any sort is painful. It certainly matters to me. I value loyalty and I'd never betray a guy. So I'd never accept less than I'm willing to give.

I also value other peoples trust in me. So I'd never give anyone a reason to question my loyalty to them.

Plus, I have boundaries within a relationship. So if I'm betrayed by anyone, then they don't get a second chance to hurt me again. I cut all means of contact with them

It's your choice if you want to put up with being cheated on, but I certainly won't be changing my opinion

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• It's not so much the affairs and flings, but more the Lyin and deceit. Honestly I think it would be ok to do so. having other relationships, sex with others is only ok when the other partner knows about it and is accepts it. Naturally humans are preprogrammed to always find and are attracted to many others and monogamy is not a natural human trait.

The amount of cheating and affairs is at an all time high happening much more then people think even though many would disagree and say "I would NEVER do that!" The deceptions are never acceptable.

• Yes it matters, no it shouldn't be acceptable. If you want polygamy you discuss that early on in the relationship and then it's no longer cheating because you've already agreed upon it.

What Guys Said 7

• Um yes of course, and its not a good thing at all. But since you don't know this already, then don't even bother getting into a relationship... Stay single my friend... Haha

• If somebody cheated on me by having sex or kissing somebody else I would never forgive them. Only cheaters and whores think cheating is okay. If I were seeing somebody new and found out they cheated in their previous relationships I would drop them immediately

• that's cool, but then people have free will. and i am rude? asking a question is rude? haha.. cool. you don't gt human discourse, do you?

• Why should it be acceptable to abuse someone's trust and hurt that person's feelings?

• Yes it matters,
    You are not just betraying someone, you are betraying the person who loves you more than anyone.

• I for one think , it should be less acceptable than it is now.
    I think teh opie is tryna make it look okey coz he did it :-D

• in my opinion, I think cheating is showing how much you really mean to that person. If you really liked someone, you wouldn't want to do anything to hurt that person and cheating hurts. Not saying you're the one cheating! Lol but I wouldn't want to be cheated on so why would I do it to other people?

• If in a monogamous relationship, yes. Relationship like a friends with benefits, I don't care.