How do I let him down nicely?

So there's this guy I met through a mutual friend, and we hung out in a group a few times. He DM'd me later asking for my number and I gave it to him. Shortly after that, he started texting me a lot and asking to hang out. We have hung out twice over the past 3 months. I get along with him for the most part but we just don't have a lot in common and don't go to the same school, which is why I see no potential. He has now been asking to hang out again, and I just don't know how to respond. He hasn't done anything to directly say he likes me or ask me out, but our mutual friend thinks he is interested and I get that vibe too. I don't want to come out and say I'm not interested but hanging out 1 on 1 feels awkward and I don't want to lead him
on. Maybe I'm just overthinking this but I'm not sure how to tell him I'm only looking for a friendship without making a somewhat conceited assumption. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever you do, don't just flat-out ignore him. You have to respectfully tell him you don't see it working out between you two. Another thing not to do is tell him you're not looking for a relationship right now. If he really likes you, that'll just make it harder on him in the end.

What Guys Said 2

• There's no nice way to say it. Straight up tell him "look i don't feel we have a strong bond, I'm sorry but let's stay friends" he'll either accept and move on or take it personally and not stay as "friends".

• if you are looking for friendship don't reciprocate flirty behavior when hanging out. he willl eventually get it, dont tell him directly unless you don't mind awkwardness

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him the truth, that you value him as a friend but as nothing more. If he can't handle it then it's his problem, it's not your fault you aren't attracted to him in that way.