Are guys attracted to girls who dress modestly?

Are guys still interested and attracted to girls who dress modestly? By modestly, I mean NOT wearing shorts that barely cover your beehind, not wearing low-cut tops, and basically, not advertising your body.
I dress in t-shirts, tanks, and shorts, but I always make sure I do not reveal too much.

Do guys find girls who dress this way still attractive, even if they are pretty?
Even though Im 16, I feel like guys will not be so interested in me just because I try to dress decently! It seems like in order to get a guy, you have to be half undressed! No way Im doing that!
I dont dress like obsessively modestly, not like those people who wear skirts all the time, but I still dress decent.

Guys? What's going on in your head? Lol! Please tell me your opinion! :) :)

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing is that it is a long time since I was 16 but I don't recall how a girl dressed being a big issue. Yes a certain style may get you noticed but a girl's persona was mostly the determining aspect that would have attracted me. By the time I got to know someone, what she wears would be totally irrelevant to how I feel about her apart from the usual things you appraise in acquaintances' attire. I think what I am saying is that I try not to judge what a person maybe like from their clothes as in life some of the people I have met have been totally different to their initial image I presumed when I saw them. My initial reaction is keep dressing in a way that makes you comfortable and happy more than likely you will meet guys who appreciate that look over time and they will be closer to your own personality.

• Thank you! Today, its hard for guys to get to know a girl if she is always distracting guys with their clothes. I mostly wanted to get a guys say on this topic. In this day and age, it appears as everyone has lost their sense of morals and standards.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• I like girls who dress modestly. I mean, I find myself looking at girls who show too much, but it is hard for me to respect them and if I'm going to date someone I need to be able to do that.

If a guy wants to see everything you have before he is interested, you are too good for him.

• To be honest, if a guy is attracted to you with your modest dressing, KEEP HIM.

Nowadays some guys (unlike me) are only attracted to females based on their bodies, which trigger sexual desire, which can, of course, be confused with "love"

So I say keep dressing modest, but when you have a man, don't feel bad to tease him here and there ;)

• Id ONLY date a girl like that. The other thing is for attention, and I've learnt that chicks like that will continue wanting attention from more than one man, even if they have a boyfriend.
    Even if a girl like that is loyal, i wouldn't like her being dreased like that showing off her body all the time.
    Nah i like my woman classy.
    Attention hos ill maybe consider for a hookup if i get to a point where im THAT desperate, but i doubt ill ever do that.

• Honestly dressing modestly is better cause it shows that you won't resort to showing off more of your body than you should, just to "attract" yourself more guys (Which is what most girls would think, and like you were implying) But of course we can find girls who dress modestly attractive, but we guys have to at least like the/your face too. You have nothing to worry about, and this is coming from a guy who's only a year younger or so haha :)

• Thank you! That's what I thought would be the best conclusion. Thanks! xD

• No problem, and you're welcome. I'm just glad I could help! :)

• I like girls who dont dress trashy, yeah its nice to look at girls like that but to be honest id prefer a girl who dressed classy or sporty

• I love women who dress "modestly" esp if they have a cute face <3

• Yes, dressing modestly is attractive to me. Moreover, girls who barely cover are more encountered with cheap sex crazed guys.
    Be yourself, sexy smile is more important

• You'll get mixed reactions, but I certainly like it. Tarts usually carry diseases, anyway. To

• I like those who dress modestly. It shows to me that they are classy, confident and not desperately craving for men attention.

• Nah, I find a girl attractive by their personality. In fact, I find girls in Pajamas or laid back clothes extra attractive. I just love laid-back woman.

• "Guys? What's going on in your head?"

YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW

• The only clothes I think are repulsive on women are dresses and skirts. Every other kind of apparel makes women look more attractive.

• Yes we are

• sure. i know a girl who wore a tee, jeans, and a sweater... she was the most beautiful thing i've ever seen.

• Yeah, of course!

• I prefer that, actually.

• I'm not attracted to the way you dress

• I prefer girls who dress modestly cus I shows they care... Gis
    Who dress in revealing clothing often come across as shallow and slutish I'm my opinion

• Yep.

• I prefer someone who doesn't show everything off. Shorts with their butt hanging out I would instantly have no interest in. I don't get how they would want to wear stuff like that

• Yeah, you wouldn't catch me dead wearing that in public

• I see it so often I'm surprised lol. Especially younger girls doing that stuff. I can't believe their parents are fine with that.

• Its really sad parents let their girls dress like a piece of meat...

• It does not really matter what they wear in public because in doors, they will be naked.

More to the point, leaving something to the imagination i. e dressing modestly can be more attractive than the opposite.

However, many girls and women out there are competitive and / or brain washed by hookup culture and feminism so they think they have to put out and dress up...

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Of course there are, just like there are girls and guys who don't have sex with everyone, cheat on their SO's everyday, get drunk etc.

• Im investing in this post , id like to know too :P

• If it fits your body then you're good :) doesn't have to show everything