Should I just give up on girls forever?

So, I am 28 years old. Never kissed a girl, had only 1 date in my life, got rejected countless times and got flaked on 4 times in a row. I am a fairly confident person, great sense of humor, and intelligent. I am overweight and dark skinned but I always liked the way I looked and think I am an okay looking guy, although I don't fit the classical standard of what's attractive.

I think I've reached an impasse in my life and I feel that the universe telling me that I am not meant to be with anyone. I've tried asking girls outside my race, online dating, a wider pool, etc. And nothing is working.

Also, I am not one of those guys that goes looking for 9s and 10s. I usually try to talk to smart and funny women because that what attracts me. But it just seems like nothing is working. But here's the paradox...

I know most girls don't find me attractive. The thing is I will be starting school in the MD/PhD Program. I was fortunate enough through hard work that I earned publications, a magazine feature, a part in a documentary, guest speaking, etc in college and I will also work on my diet. All of this rejection will truthfully make me bitter because I know girls will like me in the future but I won't like them because of the superficial reasons.

So either way, I feel like I'm screwed in the dating world. I'm at the bottom of the totem pole now and girls don't like me. But if girls will like me in the future because I am a doctor, I won't like them because they only like my status.

Should I just give up? I know y'all might have great advice but I listened, applied, and nothing. And if anyone want to see pics and give me suggestions, I would message it. Thanks...

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a long life to live so you can't just give up. But you need a different approach. Whatever you're doing isn't working. Sign up for gym, get fit, get confident, question your beliefs about dating. if you think you are unattractive, you are gonna find girls who think you are unattractive.

• I hear you. Personally, I don't think I'm unattractive. It's just that after all the rejections, society is saying that I'm not attractive.

I do plan on working on myself. The thing is though, my confidence is fairly above average. I always felt that I was funny, smart, and handsome enough to at least have better results than I do now.

It feels like I have to win a Nobel prize and have a six pack just to get a few looks my way, haha.

Is it really worth going through all that?

• You sound very intelligent! Don't let others get to you. Maybe those girls you liked were not right for you. We all make errors in dating. Don't get discouraged :) You are a scientist, observe and learn! Good luck

Most Helpful Guy

• Similar boat bud. I think giving up is likely the healthy option to go for. Save you a liftime of pursuing what you cannot have, Well, Thats how i view it anyway.

• I thought you were asexual?

• I don't necessarily believe that, but that's your journey. Good luck!

@LaVilaine stop feeding people false hope.

What Girls Said 3

• Well, when you sell yourself as fat and ugly, I can't imagine how anyone would want to go out with you.

• I don't sell myself that way. I said I always liked the way I looked and thought that I was an okay looking guy, even though through all the rejections, society is telling me otherwise.

• Work on your diet and be always confident about your self. Love your self dude. I am sure that your queen is hiding in somewhere so give her the time to show her self to you.

• Thanks. I always felt confident though. I feel like if women don't find you good looking, it won't matter what level of confidence you have...

• Yes give up.

What Guys Said 3

• Nah you're only 26, if you want to date, don't give up

• Give up.

• It sounds like all you gotta do is lose weight. Other than that you sound like a great catch.