Would you support your daughter/son dating a person exactly like you (personality/experience/morality wise)?

Example: she's 19 and is dating a person exactly like you when you were 19, or he's 27 and is dating a person exactly like you when you were 27...

?

• Yes, of course! I'm so awesome!
  • Hell naw!
  • Yes, my SON can date whomever he wants, but I wouldn't trust a person like that with my daughter.
  • Yes, my DAUGHTER can date whomever she wants, but I wouldn't trust a person like that with my son.
If you dont' have kids, just put yourself in this situation...

Or imagine your niece or nephiew instead.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I'd say she's in for a disappointment.. but well, while it lasts at least we'd get along well... I guess...

• If he or she is of my flesh and blood, then they will be prepared to handle the greatness that is me. If the world had more of me, it would be a better place. #straightface

• Honestly I was a horrible person at 17 but I think I'm getting quite reasonable nowadays since about 22

• This is a really tough question for me.

My good traits I would love in a person for my children.

My bad traits I would hate in a person for my children.

I know that my good traits greatly outshine by bad traits but at the same I have to admit, though it may be myself being my own critic, that I really, really don't like my bad traits.

I'll think on this.

• I'd warn him/her what they're getting into, but it'll be their choice in the end. Let them learn from the experience, be it for better or worse.

• Of course. I am awesome.

• Haha Nice. Vote? =)

• Actually I wrote this before I read the voting-options. So naturally I voted yes.

The clearer answer would be that my daughter would easily be able to date someone like me. For my son I would naturally wish a more feminine person - but with the same moral compass nonetheless.

• Eh, they could do worse but they could also probably do better so I will say no since you're supposed to want the best for your kids.

• Sure I would, if I had a daughter... I wouldn't mind if she started dating someone like me (I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I'm a vegetarian).

• yes i would support them

• 27 would be great, 19 she's going to be frustrated because he's not going to settle but at least she'll learn a few things.

• Sure, but not because the person is like me... just because they love each other and I would support her in that :D

• No they can do better. The whoe reason i would have kids is for them to surpass the limits of me and there mother.

I would expect my. kids would be something like me already so they need to find a balance to them..

• I can't answer like A. But im ok.

• lets say I'd be indifferent about it

• Big jacked athletic dude with potential future in NFL? Hell yea baha

• 16-23 me? Hell no!
    24-present me? Sure

• Yes of course I'm a sweet person

• Yes I'd want her to be with a proud man who treats his woman right.

• I'll never have a daughter so I don't need to worry about that

What Girls Said 11

• verrrrrrry interesting...

Yr question excludes EVERYONE who prefers to date older or younger.
    Like, say a woman prefers men about 10 years older than her -- then, theoretically, the question should ask whether her 30-year-old son would date a 20-year-old version of her.
    Because, otherwise, it wouldn't be "exactly like her".

I know it might seem like I'm nitpicking, but, there's no real point in mentioning the ages in the first place (since everything you wrote makes perfect sense without them) -- so, it kinda seems like you *meant* to exclude anyone who prefers older/younger partners.

__

In response to the question itself:

My first answer is "yes" -- but, really, that depends on how my sons turn out.
    I have a VERY strong personality. I am socially, sexually, and professionally aggressive, and I'm... pretty overwhelming, for a lot of guys.
    So, in order to REALLY say "yes" to this, I need to wait and see whether my sons grow up into the kind of guys who... savor a good challenge. <3

So far it's looking that way with my 13-year-old. With my 5-year-old, it's still too early to tell.

• Hahaha Yeah, I see it now... But I never actually said they're dating a 19 year old, but someone who acted like them when they were 19 ---or 27... Or whatever age their offspring is. Ya know...

Yup, I get what you mean - but sometimes it's not about being completely compatible - maybe they'll gravitate towards those kinds of people no matter what kind of a person they themselves turn out to be...

• Sounds like the best approach. My parents were just like that while me and my siblings were growing up.

• Yes, I'm a wonderful person.

• Yes because I'm an honest, trustworthy person with a good heart.

• Of course, I'm awesome =^,^=

And I WON'T have the double standards between my son or daughter like usual.

• Yes! I'm a pretty damn cool person!

• If he is exactly like me in the age of 19, it means he is career-driven and ambitious and that's good. But he must not be interested in love in that age, if he is exactly like me, so i would doubt that he would break the heart of my daughter. However, I'd still support her.

• Absolutely not I'm not mentally stable. They deserve better.

• hell yeah I am the bomb baby

• of course. lol i hope my son were to date someone like me

• They should be so lucky 💁🏽

• My boy would be eternally happy :)