Would you support your daughter/son dating a person exactly like you (personality/experience/morality wise)?

Example: she's 19 and is dating a person exactly like you when you were 19, or he's 27 and is dating a person exactly like you when you were 27...
Would you support your daughter/son dating a person exactly like you (personality/experience/morality wise)?

?

• Yes, of course! I'm so awesome!
    77% (27)75% (33)76% (60)Vote
  • Hell naw!
    6% (2)14% (6)10% (8)Vote
  • Yes, my SON can date whomever he wants, but I wouldn't trust a person like that with my daughter.
    9% (3)11% (5)10% (8)Vote
  • Yes, my DAUGHTER can date whomever she wants, but I wouldn't trust a person like that with my son.
    8% (3)0% (0)4% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
If you dont' have kids, just put yourself in this situation...

Or imagine your niece or nephiew instead.

0|2
12|20

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• I'd say she's in for a disappointment.. but well, while it lasts at least we'd get along well... I guess...

2|0
    0|0
  • If he or she is of my flesh and blood, then they will be prepared to handle the greatness that is me. If the world had more of me, it would be a better place. #straightface

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I was a horrible person at 17 but I think I'm getting quite reasonable nowadays since about 22

2|0
    0|0
  • This is a really tough question for me.

My good traits I would love in a person for my children.

My bad traits I would hate in a person for my children.

I know that my good traits greatly outshine by bad traits but at the same I have to admit, though it may be myself being my own critic, that I really, really don't like my bad traits.

I'll think on this.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd warn him/her what they're getting into, but it'll be their choice in the end. Let them learn from the experience, be it for better or worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I am awesome.

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha Nice. Vote? =)

• Actually I wrote this before I read the voting-options. So naturally I voted yes.

The clearer answer would be that my daughter would easily be able to date someone like me. For my son I would naturally wish a more feminine person - but with the same moral compass nonetheless.

• Eh, they could do worse but they could also probably do better so I will say no since you're supposed to want the best for your kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I would, if I had a daughter... I wouldn't mind if she started dating someone like me (I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol, I'm a vegetarian).

0|0
    0|0
  • yes i would support them

1|0
    0|0
  • 27 would be great, 19 she's going to be frustrated because he's not going to settle but at least she'll learn a few things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, but not because the person is like me... just because they love each other and I would support her in that :D

0|0
    0|0
  • No they can do better. The whoe reason i would have kids is for them to surpass the limits of me and there mother.

I would expect my. kids would be something like me already so they need to find a balance to them..

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't answer like A. But im ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • lets say I'd be indifferent about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Big jacked athletic dude with potential future in NFL? Hell yea baha

0|0
    0|0
  • 16-23 me? Hell no!
    24-present me? Sure

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course I'm a sweet person

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'd want her to be with a proud man who treats his woman right.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll never have a daughter so I don't need to worry about that

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• verrrrrrry interesting...

Yr question excludes EVERYONE who prefers to date older or younger.
    Like, say a woman prefers men about 10 years older than her -- then, theoretically, the question should ask whether her 30-year-old son would date a 20-year-old version of her.
    Because, otherwise, it wouldn't be "exactly like her".

I know it might seem like I'm nitpicking, but, there's no real point in mentioning the ages in the first place (since everything you wrote makes perfect sense without them) -- so, it kinda seems like you *meant* to exclude anyone who prefers older/younger partners.

__

In response to the question itself:

My first answer is "yes" -- but, really, that depends on how my sons turn out.
    I have a VERY strong personality. I am socially, sexually, and professionally aggressive, and I'm... pretty overwhelming, for a lot of guys.
    So, in order to REALLY say "yes" to this, I need to wait and see whether my sons grow up into the kind of guys who... savor a good challenge. <3

So far it's looking that way with my 13-year-old. With my 5-year-old, it's still too early to tell.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahaha Yeah, I see it now... But I never actually said they're dating a 19 year old, but someone who acted like them when they were 19 ---or 27... Or whatever age their offspring is. Ya know...

Yup, I get what you mean - but sometimes it's not about being completely compatible - maybe they'll gravitate towards those kinds of people no matter what kind of a person they themselves turn out to be...

• Show All
    • Sounds like the best approach. My parents were just like that while me and my siblings were growing up.

• Yes, I'm a wonderful person.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes because I'm an honest, trustworthy person with a good heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course, I'm awesome =^,^=

And I WON'T have the double standards between my son or daughter like usual.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! I'm a pretty damn cool person!

1|0
    0|0
  • If he is exactly like me in the age of 19, it means he is career-driven and ambitious and that's good. But he must not be interested in love in that age, if he is exactly like me, so i would doubt that he would break the heart of my daughter. However, I'd still support her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not I'm not mentally stable. They deserve better.

0|0
    0|0
  • hell yeah I am the bomb baby

0|0
    0|0
  • of course. lol i hope my son were to date someone like me

0|0
    0|0
  • They should be so lucky 💁🏽

0|0
    0|0
  • My boy would be eternally happy :)