I was called ugly ASF?

Life hasn't been going too great. I've has previous trust issues with guys, and I really wanted to start over and find someone that truly cared about me. So I really wanted a boyfriend, I made an account on Tinder, and put a fake picture because I had a somewhat new phone and none of my good photos were on it. This one really cute guy and I were making conversation, and it was great until he found out about my picture and said how he really hates people that lie about what they look like. He added me on snapchat, and asked me to send him a picture of me, so I did. He was yelling saying how that it was wrong of me to post a fake picture, "who tf does that?", and proceeded to called me "ugly ASF" when I sent a picture. I told him off explaining my reasoning but he didn't read my messages, and he blocked me. Honestly, I've never been called ugly before, so it really hurt especially because he was cute. I downloaded pictures off my computer (OF ME) and changed my profile picture. I then told him on Tinder that I changed my picture and sarcastically asked "Are you happy?" and he said AGAIN how it was another picture that wasn't me ( it had a lot of sun glare and all you could be was my frame and my outfit but you could tell I wasn't ugly). He said that girl looked white, and I wasn't. Did he find me ugly, or blacks ugly?

So I was upset, and this other guy kept messaging me ( that I matched with) and I told him I upset, he genuinely wanted to know why, and told me I should send me a picture of me on Snapchat. I was extremely hesitant because after the other guy, I didn't want to be hurt again. So I did. He responded saying I wasn't as pretty as the girl in my profile picture. That's a backhanded compliment in my book. I didn't really know what he'd say, and I didn't know how to react. Both of those guys unmatched me on Tinder, and I promptly deleted it, even though my profile picture was truly me. I was mortified. (I'll insert a picture of my fake profile picture below)I was called ugly ASF?

Thanks for the considerate responses from most of you! It really did help make me feel better, I was too embarrassed to tell any of my friends or my sister, and you guys make it okay for me to express how I felt! Thank you so much

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, Some people are gonna be shits like that, Just ignore them and move on with your life matey, Still young, Still pretty, Still got a shit load of guys to meet yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, it isn't wise to find a boyfriend online anyway. Most the time, talking to people on the Internet doesn't guve you a clear image of who they are both physically and personality wise. It wasn't very cool that you put up a fake picture, but the bathroom selfie above wasn't very clear anyway, so the boy was making quite a big deal out of nothing. However, it was good you told him soon, otherwise you would have really upset him and looked like a real catfish. I'm sure you are not ugly. Most boys online raise their standards to an unrealistic rate, because pretty much supermodels and Instagram stars are swimming in the same pool as you. Their fore, they search for these girls , who's professions are to look good online. This boy probably got excited when you messaged him, but felt hurt and betrayed when you told him it wasn't you. He probably only called you ugly because he wanted to hurt you, and you shouldn't let him. Any other reason could be because he thought you were sad/lonely/desperate catfish who uses other pictures because you are insecure, but that wasn't the reason! It was because of a technical problem!!! And since he didn't apologise for his words after you explained to him, he isn't worth your time. This is a stupid reason for him to be rude to you. It isn't as though you put up a selfie of Megan Fox and claim it to be yourself. So don't worry honey, these boys are not worth your time. Instead, try and talk to boys in real life, you'll find a lot less assholes. And the other guy was probably just being a nuisance, so just ignore him. good luck 💗

What Guys Said 11

• Your problem is that you define yourself by the estimated worth of your physical appearance

• I've had past experiences with girls who posted fake pictures claiming to be them.
    When you do this, you not only lie to other people, but you also lie to yourself. Bringing up false self-esteem.
    The worst thing a girl could do is lie. To be honest, I don't blame the guy. But remember you hurt him in the first place. Karma had you coming

• thanks for your opinion, but I did change my picture and he didn't think it was me... again.

• Then the best thing is to move on. And don't be fake next time

• thank you for your time

• If your profile pic is real, you look pretty good to me. Call me in three years :)

• You should ignore the people who tells you "you are ugly AF" As long as you love yourself you are beautiful AF.

• You should've known that was coming. I'd delete your ass too if I found out a girl used a fake profile pic the fuk

• Post real pic OP so we can say whether that guy was just butthurt cos you lied, which was wrong by the way.

• To be honest you probably aren't as pretty as the fake profile image.

• that's probably true, but I have always been complimented on my looks, and asked to model. I guess it depends on the person

• I have a profile picture on this website

• I should probably look at it.

• Didn't read your long ass novel there but you look hot OP. Stop trippin.

• ... And that's why you read.

• @Josht11 I read the question and saw the picture. I can do whatever the hell I want lol.

• That's true, but your opinion is irrelevant if you don't get the full picture ( no pun intended)

• Ugly

• your pretty dont listen 2 him he's just a whinger

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11

• I understand where your coming from, and that guy really shouldn't have been such a douchbag, especially when he told you that you were "ugly asf", that's a bit exaggerated, but to be honest what do you expect for an dating app online? Do you really expect the guy to be genuine and understanding? Plus, you lied. That's a pretty big deal on a dating app that basically revolves around looks, I mean they only swipe right if there attracted to you. How would you feel if a guy did the exact same thing to you? I'd sure be creeped out and probably not want anything to do with him.

• Let me act like your older sister. You're way too young to allow a guy to live inside your head, and I mean any guy. You think the world begins and ends with guys. It doesn't. Stop making accounts on sex oriented websites. You way too young relax and enjoy your life

• Don't use picture of a girl who is a 10/10 and then be sad when guys are disappointed. It's not because you're ugly, but you're not her and they just got their hopes up.

• Why are you on tinder dude. You're 15 for crying out loud. Get out in the real world and live your life broseph, LAWD!

• Don't let the opinions of two douchebags get to you.

• tbh though I'd be kind of annoyed if someone posted a fake pic on tinder then when I find out it's fake she doesn't look as good.

• probably, me and my friends have called each other faggots and cunts for so long I just don't care.

• @Josht11 Well guys usually aren't as emotional as girls

• Well you liked him because he was cute and you say it hurts because he was cute.
    Do you think it's "fair" that you got to chose a guy who was cute and he didn't?
    He got tricked.
    Honestly you were in the wrong.
    & You shouldn't take others pictures.
    You say you have trust issues so I'm sure you lying about how you look right off the bat doesn't help at all.
    I'm sorry you were mortified though.

• Your cute in this picture
    What's ASF

• I don't think you should have used a fake photo..

• I know I should'nt have , that's why I changed it.

• also it was temporary because i had a new phone and no good photos of me yet. It was a mistake and I do regret it. But he hates me now.

• They prob called you ugly because they can't have you or be like you.
    You're beautiful, don't let others bring you down.

• cause your a liar and ugly

• Why did you even comment this? Did it make your day better? Do you actually think that helped? I am not a liar, I made a mistake and I tried to fix it. Just like how you should fix your attitude.

• Do you think I care what you think I'm telling you the true, my verity.

• You're a beautiful girl. Don't listen to them