What does confidence in dating mean?

I always read that the most attractive thing in a guy is confidence and that without it I won't get any girl any time soon.

So does it mean that I have trust in myself? Also what are good examples of it?

Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Self-esteem isn’t an essential need like food or water, but it’s a supplement that can either dramatically improve your life, or keep you stunted and unfulfilled. The fact is, you can only let in as much love from the outside as you feel on the inside.

If you don’t feel good about yourself, you will never truly believe that someone else can love you and you will constantly be on the lookout for the other shoe to drop, for the guy you care about to leave, thus validating the fact that you are unworthy of love.

Poor self-worth is what traps us in bad relationships, what sabotages new relationships, and what causes us to feel so devastated and broken when a relationship ends.

Self-esteem doesn’t come from blowing kisses to your reflection in the mirror or repeating ''I love myself'' over and over. It takes time and it takes work and it isn’t always easy.

Everyone’s path will be different, but no matter what, having a picture of what high self-esteem looks like, and how it can play out in relationships, is helpful and can help reveal the areas you may need to work on.

Having high self-esteem doesn’t guarantee a happy relationship, but it does equip you with the skills to identify what you want and realize you deserve to get it, and the strength to walk away if something falls short.

My opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• Well you CAN get a girl without having confidence, it's jsut less likely.

Yes, just believe everything will go alright and it will. if it doesn't, then dont give up hope.

Confidence in dating means being sure of yourself and everything going on. Approaching the other person and asking them out, if you're shy or not, is more confident than just sitting on the sidelines waiting for them to notice you.

• Yes, trust in yourself is a good way to describe it. One of my favorite movies which I watched again last night is Crazy Stupid Love it stars a character who has it (Ryan Gosling) helping to teach an older guy who doesn't (Steve Carrell). You should watch that movie.

• Is it a chick flick lol

• I guess by my boyfriend really like it too. It's a romantic comedy but more like from a guys perspective so not totally a chick flick.

• *but my boyfriend...

What Guys Said 6

• Attractiveness and confidence with the caveat that different people find different qualities attractive or confident. So that means you just have to do you and hope to find somebody that finds your qualities attractive and confident. And the more people you approach, the more you improve your chances of finding somebody like that.

• You have to be hot to her as a prerequisite to being confident too, otherwise you'll just make a fool of yourself. Most people leave that part out.

• Actually I'm an attractive guy but I have confidence struggles. Basically sometimes I don't feel good enough

• Hmm practice! with everyone. Flirt with not hot girls, if anything you'll make their day (just dont like try to get numbers and lead them on ofc), meet people, introduce yourself, pretend like you're already friends with them!

• Thanks for the advice man!

• You have to know what you want and hide your insecurities so well that you come off as not having any at all.

• Confidence in dating usually means that you have the guts to tell and show that this is my Significant Other and none y'all getting him/her/it/toaster/Jesus.

Example: Holding Hands, Arm around, Grabbing Butt, Smacking Butt, Just all in all showing that this one is special and no one elses.

• All it means is that you are certain in what you want and what you can offer. Mind you, at times, you may want more than you can offer.

• It's an air about you that shows through to women when you are confident in yourself , it's hard to explain but it shows in your body language and how you speak to everyone