Are there more young single people nowadays?

Compared to 10-15 years ago, do people think there are less 18-25 year olds in serious relationships?

What Girls Said 1

• Yes.

I think a lot of us just don't think marriage is that important because it doesn't offer the security it once did. It's not as necessary anymore because I can work. I can support myself.

That, in part, is due to marriage no longer being a must for women's social and financial standing. I don't think hookup culture is damning for long-term commitment.

I think it's a response to the large obsolescence of marriage as an institution for women. We don't need to be economically or socially dependent on men.

My opinion, though.

• Do casual hookups happen more than people think? I'm not even sure how to meet girls up for something casual. Could you give me some tips on if a girl is interested? Is eye contact almost always a sign of interest?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, there is, since times are tougher than the 1950's, when everyone was falling in love. That's why there was a baby boom.

And also, I'm not saying that all women are evil, but it's really difficult to impress women these days, unless you look like Chris Hemsworth. They have much higher standards than women back then did have, so it's obvious that a 25-year-old like me, who's an ethnic minority and has Asperger's syndrome, has little to no chance with women.

• You can statistically look this up.