Is rejecting someone who initially rejected you justifiable or childish?

Scenario:
you ask someone out
they reject you
some period of time later they change their mind and come back to you
you reject them

Is this justifiable or childish?

• Justifiable
  • Childish/Petty
  • Other
The poll results are mixed so far. Seems like it depends on what your reason would be for rejecting the person, so there is no clear answer.
fyi, this is only a hypothetical question - I've never been in this situation before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Only justifiable if you don't like them that way anymore/moved on. If you still like them and rejected them only for revenge then that's petty.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perfectly justifiable (not that you have to do that in any way). It's completely your right to date or reject for whatever reason you want.

Just remember if they rejected and then came back to you, chances are you were/are not their first choice. If you're cool with that then date them, if not reject them.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it's silly but if it makes you feel better go for it. You end up missing out in my opinion.

People are just sometimes not ready at the same time. No point punishing both of you for things beyond control. I've been not ready plenty of time but only tried later once. But it was genuine.

• Better question is: is ACCEPTING someone who initially rejected you justifiable or stupid? Cuz I'm in that boat and I don't know what to do. :/ I'm obviously still into him, but still...

• If you like a person and she rejected you for some reasons, that were justified, then it is childish. If that is what you do, then your stubbornness will ruin all the beautiful moments and relationships of your life.
    If she rejected you, then you got a car and she came back to you, that's clear you should reject her.
    But I can't find a reason why should you reject a person you like, just because she found out later that she liked you or she had another reasons for saying "No".

• I think it depends. Are you rejecting them because you are no longer interested or rejecting them simply because they rejected you? If you are rejecting them for rejecting you then yeah its childish.

• That depends if you don't actually like that person or not.

What Guys Said 3

• It's just STUPID! Maybe they rejected you because they had someone else at that time or maybe they just got out of a bad relationship and weren't ready to date again or maybe you caught them on a bad day and they later regretted rejecting you. So not they come around and offer you what it is that you wanted all along and it's more important to get even? You'll be telling this story to your next two girlfriends, who will be named "Left" and "Right."

• I stand by: " Don't come crawling back to me"

• You don't have to justify your decisions as to who you date or don't date to anyone... If you don't want to date the girl that's your call and she can fuck off if she thinks you need to explain yourself.