Ever been accused of catfishing?

Given how many people are now dating online, I thought I'd ask.

I have been accused of catfishing, and I was pissed. I haven't ever accused anyone of catfishing me.

• Yes, and I was angry.
  • Yes, but I didn't mind.
  • No, but I have accused someone of catfishing.
  • No, I haven't.
  • What's catfishing?
  • Other
  • Just want to see results.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Some people found my picture on the internet and accused me of being a catfish. I explained that I am a model and many of of my pictures are sold and used for many things on the internet, but they would not believe me. Oh well. I will just go on point the way up.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• I've been accused once. However, that was probably because I caught someone catfishing in the HDIL section and called them out. They naturally denied it (despite me showing the links to the pics online and stuff and showing that their age and possibly even their country didn't line up).
    From that, they basically called me a catfish and then blocked me on that post so I couldn't respond to defend myself lol. I mean, it was annoying more so that they blocked me on that. Being called a catfish didn't really bother me tbh

• Yes, i've taken a couple different pics to prove myself on here

• people need to stop catfishing people. This is why generalizations happen because it takes only 1 person to fuck up something

• Yeah at least 5+ times on here. I always love the reaction when I take a spoon pic for them. "Damn nice body bro"

• Never...

• Nope but I've caught one.

• Nope, I haven't. I think people who change their pics often are less likely to be a catfish.

• Yes but I don't care

• nah... average guy, not what catfishes choose

• Nope

• No. I'm not hot enough to be accused of being a catfish

• I have never been accused of cat fishing

• Not yet lol

• Yea but I actually was...

I put an ad on Craigslist saying that I was rich...

I also catfish on Tinder currently...

• All the time, ladies can't handle my handsomeness.

• what is catfishing?

What Girls Said 14

• I have, but it was by a guy that I barely knew who wanted to cam with me and was pissy about me refusing. He thought if he accused me of being a catfish that I'd "prove" to him I wasn't. It was laughable.

• I am very open and honest and it gets me in trouble. Yes a lot of people have said that I'm a catfish. But I am not. I do have a few identities on this website but I always of the same picture – – – and that is the picture of me. I have different identities because people give me a letter shit and I don't like it. So I try to avoid them but I keep the same pictures which are of me.! And I've lived a very varied life from academia to dancing in clubs. The varied experience also gets me in trouble. But I'm learning to live with all this

• You actually are a catfish lmao. We slayed you and found your pics on reverse image. You deleted your account.. remember? You said you're a stripper and ivyleague student. Studying physics in grad school. WE LITERALLY FOUND ALL YOUR PICS REVERSE IMAGE. The stripper video that you had on your facebook was from another state and a different person. You need some therapy. You deleted your account after we all called you out. Now you made a new one?

• You're a 67 year old man who routinely pretends to be women in their 20s. You are the literal definition of catfish.

• No ones ever accused me, as I use to have two pics on here (one on my wallpaper thing, don't ask why, I thought you had to put a picture of yourself on it lol). But a girl did once steal my face and use it on her accounts, claiming it was her 😭😫 that was so rude. So I reported her and it all got sorted lol.

• I've literally never been accused of this lol!

• Probably? But nobody has said anything or mentioned it to me? So I'm not sure.

• nope never... cause i never post my pics online

• Yes and to an extend that I actually had to upload a proof that I'm not fake 😑

• People on here have accused me but I don't care. It's funny

• Lol nah. No one would ever think to accuse me 😉

• Yeah, a few times lol.

• Well I have a straightforward question. What does a catfish gain an advantage by doing what he's doing or doing what she's doing. Why do people become catfish and what are they get out of it. If I was a guy pretending to be a girl, I could never meet the guy because I wouldn't be a girl. Vice a versa etc. etc. I don't understand catfishing

• No but I've caught one

• Yep but I've proved myself enough that I didn't care lmao

• @Mario21 -.-

• Once. I didn't mind.