Guys, We argued now he's ignoring me?

My boyfriend and I have been together for about two years. A couple of days ago I brought up wanting to spend one on one time with my boyfriend. We always have the kids with us or spend it with his family. I have no problem doing those things with the kids or his family but the reason I pushed for alone time is because I'm having surgery this week to get a tumor removed and I'm leaving out of state for awhile so I wanted to take some time for ourselves. Instead of calming talking to me he lashed out throwing things in my face telling me to shut the f up, calling me a sorry ass, etc. I know he's been stressed out from work and he went on saying that he was going to be very busy with having to do things at his parents house and then his house stuff that he does not have time to do during the week. He also mentioned not spending time with his dad who just got back from being out of the country for about 5 months. I felt bad after that and apologized but I still don't like the way he talked to me. Since the argument he has been ignoring my text and i don't know what to do. I know he will not come visit me after my surgery because he always throws it in my face that I don't take care of him while he has a cold or whatever whenever I have something that's the first thing he'll throw in my face. I want him to be supportive but I also don't want to be inconsiderate of how stressed he is right now. Is it selfish for me to want him here for me right now? Do I continue to text him even though he is ignoring me and he is probably still mad?

1

What Guys Said 1

• He still seems mean and you are going for surgery so why isn't he more compassionate? Seems like there have been other issues before this, but I wouldn't text him or see him until after the surgery so it's on him whether to contact you before that

• We've had issues before but worked through them. he did mention not having anyone to do those things for him and all his friend wives do all the things for them but we are not married nor do we live together if I could help I would but when I mention it he does not take the help.