Guys, when would you take your girlfriend home to meet mom?

Is there a specific time frame you have?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Preferably sooner than later since female relatives and friends can often sense something in someone better than you can.

What Guys Said 23

• My wife met my mom about 2 months after we started dating, but that was mainly due to her already having plans to come visit me. If it wasn't planned or it was an attempt to bring my girlfriend/spouse to see my mom where she actually lived that took some level of traveling beyond a 30 minute drive to get to. I'd say around 2months-1 year. Just depending on how things are going in the relationship.

• Probably the holidays like Christmas bc that's the only time I ever go back home bc I live in a different states

• Whenever she is coming over. I would just introduce them on that day.

• Once I know for sure it's serious. Until that time I don't even tell my parents I'm dating someone, I don't want to deal with having to talk about it if it ends. My girlfriend met my parents after about three months (I met hers after two)

• Its more about being sure if mom likes her than time frame.
    Personally, if she can't get along with mommy , thats a red flag. she's is a really good judge of character when it comes to women , so i would consider her opinion.
    She is really bad at judging boys character though...

• When I decide that I can see myself with her in the long term. With my last girlfriend, that was about 1 month in. But, they had met each other prior.

• Preferably I'd hope to never do it until the problem forces me to

• Once I know it's serious.

• N time frame. Just whenever it felt right.

• Hmmm... I would say anytime after we've been dating for a month or two.

• When I know she's good enough

• hopefully never.

• more than a year

• When we've been dating for at least 6 months.

• 5-6 months sound reasonable half a year basically

• Of course why not

• On the weekend, anywhere between 12pm-7pm

• After maybe 2 or 3 months

• I've never taken a girl home, and probably won't for a long time.(I live 2500 miles away now)

• nooooooooooooooo

• i will

• never

• Honestly, I wouldn't. It sounds harsh, I'm sure, but my mother and I don't agree on anything and we argue. I've made it a point to keep my girlfriend away from my mother. I guess it depends on how healthy the mother/son relationship is on depending if the girlfriend meets her.