Ladies that love chivalry, would this be too much for you or would you like it?

So I kind of don't feel like doing a disclaimer because the people that crap themselves going crazy about how unfair the world is aren't going to read it anyways but this is just a joke question so chillax.

Ladies that like a guy who acts old fashioned on dates doing things that are considered gentlemanly for you. Would this be too much?

If on a date a guy LITERALLY layed his jacket down in a puddle so you could walk over the puddle without getting your shoes wet. Would you love it or would you feel awkward?

Guys can answer too because I want those xper points for two MHO's...

Most Helpful Girl

• i would feel bad that his jacket is ruined because of me

i mean i appreciate it but i would feel bad for his jacket... and puddles aren't too huge usually
    id rather he just hlds my hands and gently help me over it... eventhough i probably can just spread my step a little more lol but yea... itd feel nice
    the jacket thing... I don't know... not really

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that any one wears a jacket like that anymore. I also think that it would be nicer to just pick her up and walk through it yourself because a jacket won't really do anything to stop her from getting wet from the puddle unless it is big enough to jump over if that is the case then she can just hope over or I could carry her over it. While that seems nice it also is very impractical.

What Girls Said 18

• I would think it's super dorky but also very adorable. Although idgaf if my shoes get wet, it'd still be sweet because it's the thought that counts.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...46f52d22f1.jpg

• I think that is a bit too much for me because that is just a puddle and I can step over it. It's a nice thought, but I'd just feel bad like I ruined his jacket then and I'd feel I would have to pay for it too etc.
    But I also don't care about getting a bit dirty or wet from the rain and hopefully a guy dating me would know that so he knows that he doesn't need to do something like that for me.

• That's too damn much. I'm not so prissy that I can't get my feet wet, and he's ruining his coat, it just seems like he's tryharding. I'd rather he take my hand and help me over the puddle, or something of that nature.

• Waaaaaaaay too much for me. I'd feel horrible for ruining his jacket and like where I live if there's one puddle there's like 8,000 more. That's way too much awkward for me.

• hmm i'd feel thankful but really awkward at the same time...
    i mean i'd feel thankful he values me not dirtying myself more than his jacket.
    but at the same time i'd feel really bad you know... like i'd feel like i need to pay him a new jacket xD

• I'd feel awkward.

• I would feel SUPER awkward. Like... don't ruin your jacket for me, lol. I think a cuter alternative would be to playfully pick me up and carry me across the puddle.

• I would not love that. I do love chivalry But I also appreciate good clothes.

• I would feel terribly awkward and borderline creeped out. Plus I think it's cuter if you carried her over the puddle.

• even though I would love it I don't think it is necessary in this day and age. if my memory serves me correctly this was only done due to a lady's shoes were thin and delicate not really any protection at all

• I think it would be really sweet! :) but I would feel terrible about his jacket so I would wash it for him. Lol

• That would disturb me and would ask him to not do that.

• It would be nice of him but I would feel guilty and pay for his dry cleaning after hahaha

• Toooooo much

• I would feel bad about destroying your jacket over a rain puddle...

• Rather have a jumping contest

• Toooooo much

• How'd you respond if it happened to you?

• I don't even know haha id probably be like "oh no no no that's really sweet of you but I can just walk over it" haha

• Yeah that's weird and crossing the line into way too much

What Guys Said 7

• It's good if guys are gentlemen like, but girls can step over or around their own god damn puddles lol!
    Sometimes I think over treatment to girls makes them snobs and arrogant b*tches, js...

• Not a chance. If she is too dopey to walk around the puddle, I do not want to know her.
    Imagine what sort of retarded children she would produce.

• Too Much

• I think chivalry I'd a good thing. It shows that there is still goodness in the world. I believe women enjoy the attention of chivalry because it shows the guy actually cares

• Overkill. Biggest overkill of all times.

• chivarly is dead because ladies are dead.

• I was on a shoot a few weeks ago and automatically reached out my hand to help one of the models step across a puddle. You'd have thought I was prince fucking charming the way she went on about it to everyone on set. I actually started to feel embarrassed for being a gentleman.