Why do girls like guys with kids?

Like I always hear girls saying dads are sexy when they're with their kids and stuff like that but I never understood it.
To me I just think "taken" or if he's not, i don't want a guy with kids lol. So what is it?

Most Helpful Guy

• With the number of "deadbeat" dads out there, i guess its refreshing to see that some are still there who are dedicated to family. its an attractive quality.

• I guess. But these days, there's a ton of deadbeat mothers too. They party more than they watch their kids, go spend their child support on getting their nails done instead of on the kids etc... So why is a dad sexy but a single mother isn't?

• That is absolutely true. lots of deadbeat moms out there too, but i guess its more of a numbers game for one. meaning, more deadbeat dads than moms... and there is also the obligatory issue.. meaning society makes it seem like a dad doesn't have to be in a child's life physically as long as there is child support but thinks a mother has to be.
      oh and i just thought about another societal assumption.
      Dad with a kid -- involved dad, family oriented
      Mom with a kid -- baby daddy drama, just wants to get pregnant, child support.
      there's more but societal assumptions irritate me

Most Helpful Girl

• Well I can honestly say I find it very attractive when a man has kids (even if he only gets them every other weekend or week, or whatever the case may be).
    As long as he isn't using the kids to get girls. I would probably punch that man in the throat if he did that to me! 😠👊 They are living human beings not a "tool" to get the ladies to sleep with him. 👌

And like some others have said us women have an instinct to breed and have babies. ❤ So seeing him with kids is like a bonus 😍, like, hey you already know what to do so, when and if we have kids you could help me out cause, I have no fucking clue what to do!! Lmao. This is my first time. 😂😂😂
    And again someone already posted it but there are a lot of deadbeat dads out there, and don't want to see their kids, speak to them, or even write them a damn letter. But I am not saying that all moms are perfect and are there for their kids/family! Cause My mom was a deadbeat! Still is to me and now she is being a deatbeat to her grandkids! Thank god for my stepmother! I would have been raised by 2 men (my dad and grandpa, cause my dad worked so much)!!!👏 which I do givemy dad a lot of credit and respect for what he did! He did everything he could to provide for my little brother and me.😊 🍼💒 🔨 🔧 🔩 🏃 🚘 But the point is that seeing a man with kids is definitely a turn on for me!!!❤ 💜 😍 😍 😗 😙 😚 It shows the are strong 💪, sensitive 😍, very loving💜, and fatherly 👬 👪 💙. Or course thats if you want kids! But I
    In my experience a lot of women do want kids.

What Guys Said 11

• Well, you know that they're not virgins, they're fertile, they like kids, and that they can take care of kids.

• It's instinct. Women want to be bred by a successful breeder.

• Girls seem to view guys with kids as responsible and dependable.

Guys view girls with kids as responsible for dependents - that he would have to share in.

• I don't know why having kids would make someone more attractive. I'd never date a girl who had kids because I don't even really want kids of my own so I definitely wouldn't help raise some other guy's kid

• Because they see he'd stick around if he had kids with her and she won't end up a single mother.

• That is some kind of instinct i think.. Woman want a guy that can be a dad. So thats why dads are sexy, because they are dad.

• Dads are fucked up. They have too much too lose.

• Good question. For me it's more of a NO unless we dated in the past and knew her before the kids.

• It's a good quality to be good with kids etc.

• Maybe because they want kids.

• Logistically it makes being their partner more awkward.

Attraction wise, being a good and capable father makes a man seem a better sexual partner.

What Girls Said 9

• Personally I don't go for guys that already have kids and if they have good sense they probably shouldn't want to be with me either haha. I've seen my fair share of deadbeat Dads that use kids for sympathy, and the mothers were definitely no better (I really feel bad for the children). And I'd rather grow with someone and start a family later on... Way down the road. Back to your question:
    I'm very sure there are several good Dads that are devoted to their kids out there though and a percentage of women find that attractive because they see how well they are at taking care of their little ones, plus they already have their mind set on having a family, which for those gals means they get to help raise that child, maybe they don't want to wreck their figure? Being with someone they love they can adopt that child as theirs, being a step mom can be rewarding like that, if they decide later on they want to have a kid together, he is already experienced in raising children.

• Well my boyfriend have kids, I will say the attractive feeling from seeing him parenting is that he takes full responsible to feed the kids. He works from 7am to 11pm at least every single day except Sundays which he will spend time with the kids. He never say a single word of being tired or blame on life (his ex cheated). I like kids so its a bonus that my boyfriend likes kids too and he has great patient being with kids.

• My friend told me this when we were like 16, so I'll tell you what she said:

If a guy has a kid, it means he must be sensitive and sympathetic because that's how (a good dad) would become with his child and would act that way towards her.

Or along those lines, but I think you get what I'm saying.

• I like guys that appear to be good dad's. I hope to have kids someday and there's not much more important than your kid having a good dad.

• I would never be with someone with a child. That's just too much responbility for me to handle right now

• for me i just think the combo of a hot guy plus a cute little kid is nice to look at haha Plus the littleness of the kid makes the dad look more manly yet also sensetive

• I don't like guys with kids but I like it when guys are GOOD with kids. It means he'll probably make a wonderful father to our future children.

• i dont get it either... i think its cute/funny when the baby is beating up the guy or pulling his hair or something lol
    but otherwise... w. e

and yea i agree lol... he either has kids or is taken AND has kids... both are a no no lol
    and if the baby is not his and he just uses that little cute thing to get women... thats even a bigger no lol (also if its a single dad using his kids that way... just disappear! lol )

• Hmmm maybe it shows they can be caring and a good father?

• I thought that could be it. But then why do they care if he's a good father to kids that aren't hers, especially if he's got a happy family with the mother etc..
      There's loads of guys who are caring who don't have kids. And him being good to his kids doesn't mean he'll be good to her, some aren't even good to the mother of their kids.

• That is true, but I think it is more from a 3rd person perspective, like "aww he is caring, aww look how cute he can be"