Why do men lie?

So I was going through a rough patch, so my ex told me that I could stay at his place and he would just stay at this other girls place because that's where he stays anyways, it made me sort of jealous because I thought we were working on things, so I just decided to avoid the
entire situation and move back home. My ex and I still talk but not once has he stayed at that girls place since this situation and all he does is blow my phone up. So why tell me he is when he is not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do women lie? Why do you generalise? when women lie just as much as men do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you generalize?

It allows us to make shortcuts in conversations. We have to accept that not every individual in a cohort of people behaves in the same way, but there tend to be multiple commonalities in groups that share other characteristics.

For coming up to your question, because I think if you’ve shown yourself to be a girl who gets upset and dramatic when he tells you the truth, you’re essentially training him to say what you want to hear to keep the peace.

At best, it’s sugarcoating or avoiding a volatile subject. At worst, it’s a straight up lie to avoid drama and waterworks.

Weak or cowardly? Sure, but men live in the mindset of wins and losses, victories and defeats. What’s the upside to being honest if it simply leads to a more difficult life with no perceived upside.

Wishing you the best of luck.

What Guys Said 2

• Why do women lie?

• Because he didn't want to come off as if he was wanting you that badly.

What Girls Said 1

• he REALLY wanted to piss you off by making you jealous... that sounds really immature... and seriously... having a boyfriend that stays over at some girl place ain't a good thing tho