How to not get jealous when I see couples?

I've never had a girlfriend and I get really jealous when I see couples. I usually think "he's so lucky" or "why couldn't that be me". I really want to stop this. Any tips? I work at an amusement park so I see a lot of couples. I'm 18 by the way

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Learn to be happy with yourself and by yourself. Find ways to better yourself whether it's learning, seeking better employment opportunities, or seeking better health and fitness.

Once you're happy alone you will most likely be less jealous when you see couples. You can also remember that some guys when They are in a relationship wish they were single again. (Don't quite understand that one)

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 5

• Dude, it's all a lie. It's not all that great as it seems. There will eventually be drama and shit tons of expenses. You're only 18 by the way, I'm actually in my mid-30s. To be frank it's just your hormones, chemical reactions inside your body and brain, it's there to create the desire the illusion of "love", wanting to be with someone just to mate and reproduce therefore it's really nothing unique or special at all. Just there to get us to have sex and reproduce. If it was really special or unique it would be a rare thing to ever occur. But that's the reality of it.

You don't really need a girlfriend or significant other to be happy. If you aren't happy with yourself then it won't matter, you may feel happy if you got somebody in the beginning of a relationship, but then what happens when it's all over as breakups, splits, divorces can and will happen and they happen more frequently, about 50 percent the last I've checked. But hey, if having your own family and kids some day is something you absolutely and truly want then learn to improve and get help with dating and meeting single ladies. Otherwise you can always stay single and realize that you'd just avoided the potentially unwanted drama of when things go bad in a relationship it can go really really bad.

Even physical attraction and physical appearances do NOT last forever. The girls you see that are young and pretty now, well those appearances and faces aren't going to remain the same forever. But that's the reality of it. It's hard to stop those feelings of desire and jealousy or loneliness since it's the work of chemical reactions in your body and brain, but if you really research and look into it, you'll realize it's nothing but an illusion and delusion. It only has any real meaning if you give into the desires and when you are unable to attain what you desire and therefore you feel those unhappy and feelings of suffering.

• Get a girlfriend XD
    I had the same problem dude. But once you get a girl, you'll see them as relatable people.
    But dude you got the upper hand. You work at a park! That means you meet a lot of people. I'm sure there's several girls you could pick up at that job

• I hope so. Thanks bro

• Abuse employee privileges, get all the cute girls to the head of the line, and then ask them for their number... one or two every now and again will bite and you'll get over your 'woe is me' mentality.

• I even get jealous/sad when I see a mom with her kids at the store I work at, cause it makes me think I'll never have any kids at the rate I'm going.

• Stop acting like a scared little girl and get a girlfriend yourself?