I lied about my height?

I met a guy on OKcupid. We have been texting for seven months and we are like gf/bf now. He is from Norway and I am from Malta. He is going to visit me after three weeks. the problem is, I said I am 5ft5 tall but I am actually 5ft3. Do you think 2in height difference is realizeable? I am afraid of he is going to dump me because of this, I love him. I will wear heels, do you have any tips to make me look taller?

I dont want my ending is like Tinder Fat Girl Experiement :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't care about height that much I'm 6'3'' but I'd date a girl who was like 5 ft idc. below 5 feet it would be a little awkward I think lol. But I don't know if he'll notice or care everybody has different preferences. I don't think there's much you can do, just wear high heels and be confident, don't say anything about it. I'm pretty sure since he likes you a lot he won't mind at all or even notice. Don't worry too much.

• I hope he won't notice. :D is 2in noticeable?

• did you watch tinder fat girl experiement? it is quite similar. it is like saying 140 pounds instead of being 200 pounds.

• Nope haven't watched that.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• "i love him"

you got bigger issues

• Wear high heals and break the bad news to him once your in good standings

• would you break up with a girl if she is 2in shorter than you ideal?

• No I wouldn't

• Tips to make you look taller?
    Oneof my co-worker wears compensator shoes.

• good tricks, thats dude. :D
      you were helpful than girls. girls say "why did you lie, blablabla."

• U dun goofed op
    Doomsday judgment day is coming
    Now, prepare for your fate

• Why did you lie in the first place? And yet girls complain about guys being liars. Well that's your only bet, is to wear heels

• because I afraid of losing him. If I said the truth he would dump me and I loved him.

• who really like short girls? :O

• I do, Cuz shorter girls have very cute little legs

• Lmfaoo

• yes he'll notice.

2 inches is a huge difference. i'm not exaggerating.

• I hope you are not serious I dont know what should I do. What about heels? Maybe he won't realize..

• the taller he is, the less chance he'll notice.

• he is around 5'10

• Guys usually like a girl who's 5'3 ~ 5'6 but are you SURE... you're 5'3 or are you assuming you are? Get yourself measured and no I do not think he'll dump you and yes, 5'3 to 5'5 is noticeably different but not by too much.

• I am 5'3 I measured and it is short I guess. I have dumped because of this before and I didn't want to take risk. I thought it is possible to compensanete this difference by heels or fashion tips. 2in is realizeable difference?

• Yes it is but he himself might not fully know what 5'5 looks like in the first place and he might assume you were telling the truth in the first place. by the way if you love this guy why are you going out on your first visit lying already? Tell him the truth. One thing I hate for sure is when fucking people have me believing in a lie. Why would you date someone who wouldn't accept what you are that doesn't sound like a guy that's meant for you.

• i lied because i can not handle if he break up with me. I really love him and dont want to lose.

• You're going to Hell, heathen!

• You shouldn't lie. Not even about your height miss.

• I shouldn't but I was afraid of losing him..

• i love him
    i lied

• what should i do? I was afraid of losing him. If I tell the truth he will break up with me.

• But 5'4 is 2in shorter than their national average

• yes and? that does not mean that your guy will not like you because your hight.

• Not at all.

• Good chance that he'll either not notice or just brush it off.

• He will notice but he won't dump you.

What Girls Said 9

• No, it's a silly thing to even think too much about!

• How can you love someone whom you haven't even met...

• How the fuck do you love him already?

• Yes that is noticeable and he will figured out you lied sooner or later, you can't hide your 5'3 forever especially if you are in a relationship with him

• why? :( I love him really much and I dont want him to go.

• if he know my real height he may dump me because of being too short. :(

• Sorry to hear that but that goes to show lies don't pay off.

• This is what I'll never understand. Why the hell would anyone lie about their height, especially a girl? Enlighten me about what exactly you were trying to achieve by making him think you're 5'5 instead of 5'3. 😂

• Why did you lie? 2 inches don't really change much. He probably won't care or even think about it.

• is 2 inches realizable?

• If that can help, I have a friend who truly believed she was almost 5'7'', but actually she's 5'5''. And when she measured she was so shocked. You can still play dumb if you get busted, but say something really smart after that, just to make sure he doesn't think you're too dumb haha
      by the way it's pointless to lie about your height. If someone doesn't want to date you because of it, I think it's better to know it before you really start falling for them.

• thanks it make me feel better now :)

• I... doubt he'll be able to tell. Or you could just wear heels lol

• naaah :( i dont want to tell him truth. i have dumped because of height before i can't take risk.

• I really don't think he'll care and I don't think he'll notice.

• I hope he won't notice :D

• I think you should not base your relationship on lies, but 2 inches most likely won't be a big deal

• I was afraid of losing him. I can not change my height and I love him. what should I do?

• nah, i think it doasn't matter. If you put high heels on, you're still good

• can I hide my height from him forever? :D

• is 5'3 dateable height in Netherlands?

• yes it is