Would you answer your cell phone while going out on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only for family.

I never even text while I'm with someone. Call me old fashioned but I find it incredibly rude when I'm with someone and they're scrolling through their phone and messaging other people.

If you wanna talk to somebody else when I'm here (making time for YOU) then invite them to hang instead of me. Don't waste my time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would only do that under a certain set of rare circumstances, and it would be something I would explain to my date ahead of time. Otherwise, no I wouldn't be taking phone calls while on a date. It's rude and discourteous to do that.

What Girls Said 21

• With my partner, yes, depending on who's calling. I'll probably blank the first call and if they text or call back, then I'll answer it in case it's something important.

• No, not unless I felt it was an emergency. Otherwise, that's just rude and disrespectful to my date.

• No, and my phone's on silent when I'm on a date.

• I would if it were someone in my family calling me.

• I never answer my cell phone period! It's always on silent and I miss 97% of my phone calls. On a date it wouldn't come out of my purse.

• Most of the time, I keep my phone in my bag when I'm on a date and refrain from using it. However, if my phone vibrates twice in a minute, i'll look to see whats up.

• I would if it was family or we were in the car on the way somewhere, but for the most part, I'd just call them back later.

• i would check who it was and if it was a parent or my work i would answer it but otherwise im never on my phone during a date. its rude.

• Never!!!
    I HATE my cells.

• I don't like answering calls at all.
    So I probably won't unless it's from mom.

• Depends on who's calling

• If it was one of my family members then yes

• If it was a important call then yes otherwise no that would be rude.

• Depends who it was.

• For family yes. Anyone else no.

• No one ever calls me lol. So if I receive a call, it must be important. Yeah, I would.

• I would if it was an emergency or someone in my family calling me.

• No, i usually put it on vibrate

• No, unless it was an emergency or an urgent call from work.

• Not unless it was an emergency.

• No I wouldn't. Unless it was an emergency.

What Guys Said 13

• I would look at it, and see who it is. If I feel it is an emergency, then I would answer it.

But 95 of the time I wouldn't

• Not unless it was my boss, which never calls

• I'd check on who is calling and if I think it might be important then I will answer it but try to keep it very short

• Yes, because it could be an emergency. I would just politely excuse myself and answer the call.

• If it were family and important.

• Yes.

• Not unless it's awkward or we are driving to a place.

• If it was a family member, yeah. If it was a friend or a random phone call, it could probably wait.

• If it's really important then yeah and if not, it can go to voicemail

• It would be very rude unless it's an emergency.

• No lol

• Yes if it's important.

• No unless it was an emergency. Text sure.. not phone call.