New to online dating what am I doing wrong?

Have an account on POF. I send messages to different girls I'm interested in after reading their're profiles and I never get responses back. They look at my profile sometimes but I never get anything back at all. Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong what type of messages I should send and possibly what I should put on my profile all my pictures I have are pictures of me smiling and out doing stuff that's fun

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude get the fuck out of online dating. Rather go to the hottest girl in a mall and ask her for her number. You will have more chance with that than 100 average women online. Online dating is another money making machine that uses poor men as cash cows (like all sex that is sold, it only benefits women)

What Girls Said 1

• Just because you're interested in them doesn't mean they are interested in you. However, you might want to proofread your profile. If you made grammar and spelling mistakes like you did when posting this question ("they're" not "their're"), that's a turn off to a lot of women because it doesn't exactly say 'on my level'. It may be your occupation or something, maybe you just don't have a lot in common or they don't find you attractive.

Online dating usually has a ton of people who won't respond to you. You'll get less responses than you think, and I think that's just the norm for most people.

• Well for starters your answer is a little rude your first sentence doesn't reply to my question any way shape or form. Obviously of course I proof read my profile I'm trying to figure out what type of information I should provide on my profile maybe I should have been a little bit more specific. If you were able to read my question with no problems then you understand what I was trying to ask. Pretty much in your answer you based your entire response off of my question which doesn't make any sense instead of just asking me hey what's on my profile. For someone not to respond to my message because of my occupation seems a little silly to me especially considering the fact that my occupation is military.

• Here we go again I'm not angry and I'm not getting hostile towards anyone and her response is she assumed a few things about me and my response was to Simply corrector.

• @slatyb I believe I said somewhere there and my question or my response that I take the time to actually look at the profiles and send a message based off what I've read quite frankly though a lot of girls on POF don't even put anything on your profile so I have to come up with a conversation starter out of thin air.

What Guys Said 3

• If you're average-looking or below 6 foot, you can expect to have a terrible time on online dating. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're messaging girls that you consider attractive? The women online that are considered average consider themselves far above average and are looking for the same in a guy. I blame camera filters that allow people to delude themselves into thinking they're more attractive than they actually are.

• I can agree with you there I know a couple girls who do online dating and both of them say that they get anywhere from 10 to 50 messages a week from different men. Come to think of it I'm never speaking to this girl a couple years ago who told me that she did it online dating and she was very attractive I'll give her a 10 and she received about 50 messages a day. Anyway I'm getting a little off topic I agree with you I think online dating does anyways put women on a pedestal women who quite frankly if online dating didn't exist wouldn't get that many offers from men if you know what I mean

• I'm 5-8 and had a great time on online dating. Of course I was older so maybe that had something to do with it.

• @slatyb, fair enough. Women in their 30's seem to be a bit more grounded and realistic with their mate-choice and in general, for that matter.

• I never tried online dating, but I think you should keep trying. Maybe they're just not interested. Sometimes it's difficult to find someone, even online.

• Well I've messaged a lot of different women probably a few dozen. I think my profile is pretty solid it doesn't really say a great deal about me because I'm trying to keep a little bit of mystery there if you understand what I mean but it provides enough information to paint a basic picture who I am. And it's usually the same thing some girls will take the time to look at my profile after I sent him a message and I never get a message from them

• @slatyb That's a good idea. I'll try that out

• @slatyb really have you a good idea.

• You not doing anything wrong. Just you are impatient. Just because you make account and start seng message around don't make you get girl crazy for you. If it that simple all the girl won't there or prosecuted go broke up just say hi if she wants to talk she will respond if not move on. It's that simple. Don't put too much thinking about it. If you really want girl go to bar. It easier to social like that

• One thing i want you to know is have fun with online dating. Being single and have online dating is pretty fun. You get the joy chasing hot girl and reward get laid. But becareful about sleeping with girls. I bang like couple on first date and i am like wtf happen. Kind regreted now.