Should I still go to prom?

Me and my boyfriend just broke up and prom is in 2 weeks. He was my date and I honestly don't think I can find another day by then. I don't really want to go anymore either because I had reserved that night for me and him. My best friend [girl] wants to go with me as best friends but I don't know if I should. If I see my [ex]boyfriend there with another girl it will ruin my night, and even if he doesn't go, just being there will probably be sad all together. I'm a junior so I can still go next year but I don't know what to do.

Should I still go and try to have a good time or should I just do something else that night so I won't think about it? What would you do :]?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go, you shouldn't confine yourself to doing things alone or privately because you don't want to think about him or run into him. If you care about him, seeing him with another girl is going to hurt a lot, but if he sees you out and having fun he might just second guess any thing that happened with your break up. The best thing to do, though it may be hard is to go out and have fun, the sooner you get out and live your life while having fun doing so- the easier it will be for you to move past your relationship and either find someone new, enjoy the single life, or maybe work things out down the road.

Hope this helps. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I would go & have a good time. Also showing him that he hasn't stopped you from going & going out having a good time.

I'd go for spite but mostly just for the experience.

Next year is a long way off.

What Girls Said 2

• If your gut says 'no' then don't do it. If you really don't think that you'll enjoy your time with him, then you'll only ruin your special day instead of having the fun you deserve. I think that you ought to take your friend up on her offer to go out, but suggest doing something else, like going to see a film or doing something else you enjoy. If she won't /can't do that, then find another friend who can. Don't risk letting him bring you down or ruin your night. If the breakup was tough, going with him will only make it harder, and if you think that going at all might make you suffer, have a girls night in. Don't do what he wants or your friend wants, do what's right for you.

• Go for it. Don't let a man ruin your good time. My prom is this friday and my date dumped me. So I'm going with a bunch of my friends. Just because you go to the dance dateless doesn't mean you're going to leave alone :)