I just started Casually seeing a guy & the other woman he is taking out is drop dead gorgeous, should I give up?

He's 28, I'm 26, and she is 21. We just met a few days ago and I really like the guy a lot, he's got similar vibes to me. I was stalking his stuff online, hoping to see who else he could be seeing since he told me he was and doesn't know where things will go, but they just started going on dates too. Basically we were just really open if we were seeing others. This girl, I found her and know it's her, and she is stunning. I mean there is pretty and then there is gorgeous.. And she is just gorgeous. Honestly she looks out of his league, and I almost feel like giving up. Why would he take me out if he's with this girl? She also has an awesome vibe to her, can't really hate on her. She seems smart and nice too based on what I read on her profile. I look more in his league and we both are tatted up quite a bit unlike her, but I don't know I'm hoping I'm more fun or something... Can I win this? Are looks everything? Or persuade guys more?

• Yeah it'll be a hard competition
  • No, looks are hardly anything
  • Comment

Most Helpful Guy

• You'll always have some competition for attractive guys with options, So compete!!! Good luck

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks rarely mean anything once you get to know someone. I don't consider myself GORGEOUS but I am attractive and have never had a problem attracting a man, however there are many women out there that are more attractive than I am, and a lot of these women my boyfriend knows or is friends with and he has told me many times in casual conversations that he'd much rather be with someone he has fun with and is compatible with long term then someone who is absolutely gorgeous. Him and I are like best friends, we have sooo much fun together all the time, and I'm never worriers that he is going to leave me for someone more beautiful because I know we have the best connection. So unless this girl has an unreal personality with 100% confidence and a particularly good sense of humor on top of her looks, I'd say it's a fair fight. Don't make this all about him though, if he's seeing other people then you should too. Be confident and aloof, an average person with self confidence is instantly more attractive than a beautiful person with no confidence.

What Guys Said 8

• What if she lost a bet, or he helped her, when she was stupid, and left her lights on, and he gave her a jump (Battery, only! Not the other 'Jump'!!)
    Maybe it is something like that, and She isn't AT ALL into him, and she is just obligated, because he did something for her, or gave her is coat, when she was wearing white and had her period early!!
    Don't just assume that guys want the 'super-hot' looking girls!! Personally, I like the ones that are kind of average, and interesting!! There is A LOT more to talk about!!
    With really hot girls, it seems like it is all about maintaining 'hotness' and status, and looking good and having the right clothes!!
    I want the girl that I like, PERSONALLY, and we have a good time, together, just talking, or doing whatever!!
    Besides, what you think it 'Gorgeous' might not be what he sees!!! He might be just being a 'gentleman' but thinking 'I hate her squeaky voice, and how she just talks about stupid things I don't care about at all!! I wish I was with [YOUR NAME HERE]"

• Why do you assume that attractive females are stupid? Or have squeaky voices and only care about keeping up their appearances?

• Lol oh okay, well thank you. I just got defensive for women since I know many attractive women who I love and thought it was a huge generalization

• These kind of forums are really good for pissing people off!! :)
      I NEVER, post something that is intentionally hurtful, as I think that is the definition of 'sin'.
      I make generalizations, based on my experiences, and try to 'censor' myself, and rework some, knowing some might misinterpret!!
      No harm!! No Foul!! I LOVE pretty girls, and I wish I could say that I knew some, like Cindy Crawford, that were BRILLIANT, and had degrees, and looked amazing!! Sadly, I just know 'average girls' and I ADORE them!!
      I know that most guys just trash on women, but I am one of those few that think you lot are the most AMAZING, most WONDERFUL invention, like even better than 'sliced bread' as they say!!
      No offense intended, but beware, and give me the benefit of the doubt, if you see some of my responses on other posts, OK? :) You can always send me a personal note, and ask me, if you are unsure what I post!! I don't want to make enemies!! :)

• Looks are a draw, like getting your foot in the door to make a sale, BUT they don't close the sale if you know what I mean.

• If you like him, hang in there--just keep your expectations in check. There's absolutely no guarantee that he'll hit it off with the other girl. And you don't know what her other options are.

• Failure is a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent. Dont give up because your accepting failure!

• IF you like him, maybe start talking with him about it, find out if he's serious about this other girl, looks don't matter if you have the personality of a teaspoon, in that instance you just become something guys fap over

• You can never tell if a girl is more crazy than she is hot.

• That is fifty fifty situation. You can win this if you play your cards right.

• No .

What Girls Said 5

• dont let her looks intimidate you bc as long as you are attractive too and y'all are vibing, i wouldn't worry about her. There are always women that look better but that doesn't mean you back date and let her have him if you want him. Just bc a guy may be with a dime, doesn't mean he still won't talk to other attractive guys.

Have confidence girl and continue seeing him and being yourself and he will decide. Stop looking at their communication bc thats just gonna mess with your confidence more and comparing too much and that may mess y'all up bc guys can sense that. You dont know if he is feeling her the way he is feeling you. It doesn't matter how she looks. Confidence overdoes it all

• Don't give up yet. You might have a chance with him, but probably only after he at least fucks her first. He might like you a lot, but he probably also wants to get his dick in this hottie at least once before he stops seeing her, especially if she's generally out of his league.

• Often times relationships come down to much more than looks. Before me and maybe a little during (I'll never be sure) my boyfriend was dating a girl that I've seen pictures of and DAMN, she was pretty much perfect looking.
    Not really sure what happened there but he and I've been together for over 2 years now and she's still single. I think he and I are just a really good partnership. more so than some of the guys in my past who were also pretty hot.

• Absolutely not! You can't really be certain about someones personality based on what it says on their profile. For all you know she could be lying about her personality. She might have the looks but not such a great personality. Or she might not have much in common with the guy. Confidence and personality are the most important qualities.

• If he wants her he will stop taking you out so clearly the fact that he is means he's still interested in you at the moment