Guys, would you ever forgive a girl who slapped you while being in a huge argument?

we were dated for 3 months , everything was fine , then we went on a all day drinking binge , next thing we were arguing and i hit him
he forgave me , after i said I'm sorry , it was first time i ever hit anyone , i felt so so bad
he said he excepted my apologie , but its clear we are done
i miss him like crazy
should i reach out to him?
or give up
or give some time?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes of course I would. I have probably done something to deserve it anyway haha.

What Guys Said 28

• I could forgive her, but I would still break up with her and never consider getting back together with her. Especially if she did this after only 3 months of knowing her. It doesn't bode well for the future.

You know perfectly well how badly men are demonized for such actions. Men aren't even able to defend ourselves against a woman that abuses us without being seen as the bad guy now. As a result we have to be extra careful of the women we get into a relationship with. Typically the only kind of guys that will be okay with an abusive woman, are either desperate or love the drama that happens with they beat each other up.

If this really is the first time you have hit someone, then it may not be that you really are that violent, but after only three months of him dating you, he can't possibly know that, and with guys not being able to defend themselves without being seen like the bad guy, we simply can't risk it being a one time outburst.

You could still reach out to him if you want. The worst thing that he could do is say no. The only thing is that if you can't control yourself while you are drunk, and use that as an excuse anymore. You already know you will cross this line while drunk, so you have to accept responsibility for you you become while drinking. I think you need to reconsider ever going on a drinking binge again anyway. You are getting too old for that type of behavior anyway.

• Would you forgive him if he slapped you? Would you accept his apology?
    Gender doesn't matter. One person choosing to turn to physical violence, no matter what for it takes, against another is rarely acceptable.
    So, imagine that situation played out in reverse, where he did everything you did, and you did everything he did.
    Would you be OK with him slapping you? Forgive him? Would you make it clear things were done?
    I expect you would have called the cops.
    You have no more right to hit him than he does to hit you, and I think by calmly accepting the apology, and yet bringing things to an end and leaving, was about the calmest, most rational, and kindest, thing he could have done for you.

• Well, you were drunk. I would hope she would forgive me if I did something uncouth while I was drunk. But I don't really count things done drunk (so long as they are not unforgivable, like, for instance, murdering someone's mother or something--although, I would still count that as alcohol-influenced, if not forgivable) against people. Particularly because I am such a terrible person when I'm drunk. People do things they wouldn't normally do when they're drunk, so I think it's unfair to factor that out when judging their behavior. In general.

If you guys broke up, I doubt it would be because of a little slap. I don't have enough information to really tell you what I think should be done in the situation.

• Well considering I would probably have the cops called on me and end up in jail if I slapped my girlfriend, I feel like at the very least I should dump her.

• Yeah I would probably if I really liked her
    But if the drinking became a problem, that would ruin things quickly

• forgive? probably but i most likely would not stay with them

• No, coz I wouldn't have hit her, imagine if it was the other way round! That's why I've got no time for girls who think it's ok to put their hands on a guy, being drunk is no excuse.

• I have a very visceral reaction to unprovoked/unnecessary violence. I don't think I would get back with someone if I had found out she slapped someone else, let alone me.

• He made the right choice. Leave him alone.

Because the law makes it very difficult for a man to defend himself against a woman, there is no rational choice for a man but to dump a woman who is even slightly violent.

• I would forgive her if she was nice afterwards.

• Forgive but i wouldn't forget. Hitting is never ok.

• Forgive, don't forget.

• Depends on the reason for the slap and if it was only once or twice, if it was for a dumb reason or pointless and or dozens of slaps during the argument then no, otherwise most likely as long as it wasn't a habbit

• I would have a tough time.

• i am against domestic abuse like this. no i could not forgive them, they dont have self control.

• If someone hits me that makes me nervous especially a girl. I won't forgive her. Never.

• Maybe, I don't know.

• If I hit her and she forgives me then I would too

• You didn't even make it 90 days? Forget it.

• I can forgive, I just won't fuck with the chick.

• Maybe
    If it's a common occurrence, then no. I'm not dating a violent woman

• You shouldn't have slapped him
    Idt its the end of the world tho
    Reach out if you want

• Forgive as long as its not a pattern. Or he calls the cops

• Sure I would.

• Give it up.

When someone made their mind up to break up with someone because of abuse, its for a good reason.

Sure people argue when they are drunk. But to lay your hands on someone means that you can't keep your urges in check when under the influence. He probably thought to himself that 1: your able to cross that line and 2 : drinking is out of the picture if he's willing to stick around.

• I'd never talk to you again. Best case scenario I assume you hit me again someday. Worst case scenario I do something equally stupid and hit you back or just in defense. No, I'd divorce you after years of happy marriage if you started hitting me.

• Never ever, once that happens, i would leave her and wouldn't want to spend a minute thinking of her. Please leave him alone and let him move on to someone that deserves him.

• i would slap her back, honestly. Im against hurting women and anyone, but as soon as she makes it physical, she has opened that barrier.