What does a "relationship" mean to you? Is it serious or casual?

The guy I'm seeing and I differ on this. He sees it as something that casually happens after a month or so and that he can still dump me anytime he likes, so being in a "relationship" isn't that big of a deal. He doesn't want me to keep him waiting forever on a relationship, though he doesn't want to push me into anything.

I, on the other hand, feel that it is a more serious commitment to someone that says you're interested in getting to know and love them for the long haul. It's kinda like saying, "I don't wanna give up on you and I want to make this work no matter what."

So, fellow GAGers, what does a relationship mean to you?

• Serious
  • Casual

Most Helpful Girl

• A relationship to me is serious, and in any relationship I get into, I plan on it being long-lasting.

What Guys Said 2

• Dude find a better guy. He's probably just keeping you for sex if you want a real man and a serious relationship leave him and find a loyal guy. He DOSENT want to commit I see this all the time. It's casual to him because he's having fun

• We're taking it slow. I'm not having sex with him. We only made out for the first time a few days ago. He's the one that wants a relationship... I'm the one wanting to wait a little while longer before committing to one.

• He DOSENT want a SERIOUS relationship in guy terms
      "Let's keep fucking or kissing acting like we're dating but not putting labels on anything."

• I am so lost with you because he's the one that wants a label. I do not. He just doesn't understand why I want to wait on putting a label on it, because to him, if two people like each other and aren't talking to other people, it's natural that they put a label on it and call themselves "in a relationship."

I don't know, maybe you're right. I just thought it was fishy that he already wants a relationship, but doesn't think it's something that we should wait on. I just want to be sure. He, honestly, just sounds super insecure.

• Depends.

What Girls Said 0