My boyfriend just made fun of me and my whole family for not being poor?

So me and my boyfriend were on the phone and he made fun of me and my whole family and all the rich people for having money and him being poor he was being so ignorant and made me so sad I was trying so hard not to cry when all of this was going on he was acting like we we're the reason that his family is poor and making me sound like I am this big ol snob because I was raised with money and he unfortunately was not! I have never felt so stereotised I mean it's not like all rich people are snobs just like how not all germens are nazis any way am I to feel guilty or am I to feel angry?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should dump him. People like your boyfriend are what's wrong with this country. They blame the rich for themselves being poor instead of looking inward and realizing that they're the problem. If you're somewhat smart, work hard enough, and have ambition you can make a good living for yourself and your family, regardless of what type of family you were born into. Also, the vast majority of wealthier people work hard to make their money and they certainly do not steal it from anyone. In fact, wealthier people actually provide for a lot of less fortunate people because they hire employees, spend a lot of money at local businesses, and usually make donations to charities

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't let someone make you feel guilty for being well to do. Despite what many people think, it is not the rich that make the poor exist. I live paycheck to paycheck, but harbor no resentment toward those that don't have to. I had so many opportunities, 20 years ago, to not live as my parents do. Through a series of incredibly bad choices, all my own, I played when I should have worked on my future. I can't blame others for making better choices and taking their future seriously. My grandfather had a saying that too many people forget presently... a poor man never gave anyone a job.

What Guys Said 8

• Your to young for a boyfriend and get rid of him he's negative

• Oh man this guy is insecure about your family's socioeconomic status being higher than yours! This relationship is going to end soon because of his insecurity.

• tell him it hurt your feelings

• give him money so his argument is moot

• I've heard it all now.

• Tbh, if you had needless luxury, he may have a point.

• probably joking

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• He is jealous and wants you feel less valuable. Next time he trays that guilt trip on you tell him " It's not my fault my parents worked hard to give me a better life and I can't control what didn't happen for you. "