You are dating a woman in her 30's and she hits you with this. How would you feel?

You are in your 30's and dating a woman in her 30's and when you ask her about her past you find out you are not like any of the men she went for in her 20's. You make further enquirer and ask her what she sees in you, when you are so different from all the other men that she went for in the past.

You are dating a woman in her 30's and she hits you with this. How would you feel?And she replies with this:
"Priorities change as you age. When I was young, all i really cared about was look and perhaps whether the guy was good in bed. However, as I got older I started to look for less superficial traits that would make a relationship last. It becomes essential that someone wants to commit to you for the long haul, and will be there for the good times and bad."

How would you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd interpret as she spent her most attractive years hooking up and having fun and with guys she saw as being more attractive than I am but she's willing to settle for me now because I'd be a good stable choice to buy a house and raise kids with.

I do not find it even remotely flattering and would dump her soon after learning this.

What Girls Said 3

• Poor guy, knowing he basically doesn't turn her on at all on a visceral level... and stuck with a girl who doesn't know better than to SAY stuff like this.

Poor girl, knowing all the best sex of her life is in the rearview mirror.

Smh.

• Happy. She thinks there's more to you than meets the eye, be flattered.

• Or she settled... She could at least have told him he still has some of the traits she went for in her 20s in addition to the other traits she listed.

• @JohnDoe3000 What, like fuckability? If he's shallow enough that he's bothered because she cares more about his personality than his body, then he should be with a more shallow woman.

• I don't see anything wrong in her reply actually perhaps because I'm 30 too lol

What Guys Said 3

• I guess her biological clock is ticking; I should run

• committing is just a code word for marriage in my book. no thanks.

• Can't say I'd be surprised.