What's your biggest turn off on a date?

For me, personally, it's if the guy can't carry a conversation or just won't talk. It's the most awkward thing ever having to force for things to say. I usually just want to end the date early if that happens. What's yours?

Most Helpful Guy

• If a woman can't leave her phone alone.
    If I find out she is a smoker.

Most Helpful Girl

• When he literally acts like a douche and somehow thinks that it's sexy.

I mean bragging about how much money he makes, how he's this super accomplished guy, looks down on other people (like the waiter serving us), brags about his car, acts like overspending is absolutely nothing. I get it, you work hard and have money, cool, but you don't need to act conceded as shit about it.

The next thing would be the guys who literally sit there the whole date and bitch about women, and how they can't seem to get a woman to call them afterwards and how big of bitches other women are.

I am groaning and cringing just thinking about it.

• You've been on some shitty dates, holy crap, lol.

• Wow, even if I hated a woman I wouldn't do that shit. What a douche...

• @TonyRyanAgain What was funny is he broke up with that girl he was seeing two days later, and he tried to ask me out again. He was shocked when I said no. Lol.

What Guys Said 12

• negative about life or men (but ok to talk about reality of difficulty), not talkative, on phone a lot.

I've never had a bad first date... they all flip around and go well

• If she eats with her mouth open, talks during a movie or has shit feet them I'm just put right off :'(

• To me it's a self centered mentality which can mean traits like acting rude or having little interest in listening about the person. They want to talk and change the conversation topic fairly frequently with little input from the other person 😪

• Girls who're assessing you like a box ticking exercise, asking what you do for work when really they wanna know how much you earn etc.

• Sucks that what OP said is a problem for so many guys...

• I sure hope you can also hold your own in a conversation...

But anyways smoking is an automatic deal breaker for me

• Pessimistic tendencies.

• Likewise, she needs to know how to carry a conversation.

• Chews with her mouth open
    Glued to her phone
    She smokes

• dont have any experience of dates that much.

• when she can't pay for her own food. seriously i dont want to date a child of a woman.

• You are right.

What Girls Said 8

• If the guy is super bitter about past relationships.

• I can't stand when they're super shy or quiet, rude to waiters or other staff, seem disinterested (looking around, on their phone a lot), smell bad or appear to the date looking sloppy just in general.

• id have to agree with you, thats really frustrating when they can't carry a convo. Some other things are if theyre rude to other people, really serious and/or dont take the initiative (kiss at the end, grab my hand, etc).

• If the guy lights up a cigarette.
    Or if he expects me to do all the talking. Some guys give yes/no responses that make it difficult to continue the conversation. Elaborate a bit, give me something to work with.

• @Asker I couldn't agree more with you.
    I remember once being in that situation, so I made an excuse that I need to visit the "little girls room" but made a very quick exit instead.

• If he's a complete submissive guy and let's me walk over him. Check please.

• I f someone only talks about himself during the date it is a major turn off.

• same as you and when he is being disrespectful