Guys, How often do you cold-approach girls, and what makes you approach them?

It's all in the title... How often do you approach girls when you're out and about, and what exactly makes you go up to a particular girl?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never done a true cold approach, i'll at least look at them and see if they look back. Going in literally cold bore is a recipie for disaster and i personally think you actually ruin your chances with a girl who might have been willing if you had taken 5-10 mins to look and smile at each other first.

As for the criteria, she has to be attractive and not walking somewhere with her head down. I used to do this 'semi-cold' approach about once or twice a month (the rate which i saw a girl hot enough to bother).

What Guys Said 18

• I never cold approach girls, because I feel very uncomfortable approaching random girls, and they too would probably label me a creep since I am average looking!

I need to know her, at least a little bit.

• If they're alone, attractive enough, not looking busy, and looks like she's inviting. And if I have anything to open her with.

80% of the time I'm too nervous to even try.

• Not very often. Most girls react with a combination of horror, irritation, and boredom if you try to talk to them while they're out and about. I need some signals to know that a girl is interesting in me and open to my approach before I'll initiate contact with her.

• If she seems receptive to being talked to through her body language and is by herself, then I may approach if I feel the vibe!

• never, i only approach girls when i was introduced by a third party, or when i know them through mutual friends. it seems a lot less harder on the girls, i dont think being approached by boys all the time is fun. it is also a lot safer in my opinion, less chance of being called a creep.

• If I'm single and meeting women I'll approach easily and often. It's really fun for me tbh

• Not often, I do it respectfully though when I do and it's always if I find them physically attractive-slender/white/ gorgeous face.

• I notice that I get approached at the gym a lot more and I really don't like to talk to anyone at the gym but I don't want to look like a douchebag. I'll approach sometimes if I really like what I see.

• Like never in my life.

• Not sure what "cold-approach" is supposed to represent here. I "approach" someone when I want to make conversation, that much is (ought to be) trivial.

• It's like when you approach a girl you don't know on the street or just out in public.

• About once every few years, I guess.

• Never basically. I don't really know how to choose what girl might be worth the effort.

• Never

• I don't cold approach women.

• Whenever I feel so inclined, it's fun.

• I think I've done it twice, it was very lackluster and I found it really unpleasant. She would have to have basic attractive qualities i. e young, short, skinny. Clothes can get my attention as well, be it pink hair or load of tats and spike bands or a simple jeans/hoodie/flats combo. Other items like heels and long nails are bad and make me want to walk the other way. But most importantly, she would have to be alone and not absorbed in something, and I don't want other people around to hear what I'm saying. If she met my eyes and smiled at me, not look away, then that would really go a long way.

• I've done it before and it was fun but that was before feminist hysteria and creep labels. Nowadays I don't approach at all regardless because it's no longer worth the bother.

I spend more time working to gain complete control over all of my impulses and desires and have got to the point where I can take it or leave it.

• Rarely.