Would you date someone who has Aritotele/ Bernard Shaw level of wisdom/intelligence?

• yes
  • no
  • I am not single
  • I want to be single forever
Aristotele

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but a basic requirement is the ability to spell the name of Aristotle (Arisztotel├ęsz in hungarian so that confused me a bit, but still).

• So you won't date me? lol

What Guys Said 12

• No way. People like that are annoying as fuck. I dated a woman once who already had four degrees and was studying a fifth in linguistics.
    Every time she spoke, you were reaching for your phone looking up the ridiculous words nobody actually ever uses or has heard in their lives in order to figure out what she was actually talking about and it always turned out to be something stupid and boring.
    She wasn't really intelligent, she just seemed to be good at retaining information and when it came to actual intelligence, she was about as bright as a nocturnal, ground dwelling marcupials arse hole.
    I asked her to make me a jaffel one day and she shorted out the whole house because she fucking washed the maker and plugged it in with the cable still wet.

• Yes, I'd love to be acquainted with a person like that. Perhaps they could give me an actual challenge knowledge wise. I love people who's into stuff like that, and I enjoy deep/existential conversations greatly.

• I'd love to be her friend but I wouldn't date her.

• @lanternhill
      Girls usually prefer to date up and want a guy who is AT LEAST as intelligent and educated as she is.

So it would be fun to have her as a friend to get her perspective on various things but for a relationship I feel like I would be more compatible with a girl of average intelligence as she would be more on my level.

• Oh I see - thanks!

• Intelligence really isn't as important as many people make it out to be as long as the person has some decent amount of it and is capable of critical thinking and grasping basic concepts.

• Yes, but would they date *me* is the question.

• Yes, I'd love to, where can I find a woman like that?

• Yes, but would they date me?

• As long as she isn't boring.

• I can't see why not.

• Yep
    Why not?

• Is there more to them?

• Definitely.. intelligent women are sexy

What Girls Said 3

• I'll pass, people like that are usually pretentious af

• Vote A. Everyone I date is always MUCH MORE intelligent than me. I prefer that.

• you are dumb?

• (smiling)
      Not dumb, just not as intelligent as most of the older men I date, who are VERY academic.

• Sure, why not?