How to manage talking to your ex again?

This is the third time my ex has tried to be a part of my life again since we broke up, the first time he said he didn't think things had changed and we'd still have the same problems, the second time i called it off because i didn't think things had changed enough and this time we are sort of in a limbo, we broke up due to circumstances not a lack of feelings and its obvious we both still have them and neither of us can let go completely but the way he ended things was really nasty. We have discussed trying again but again the situation isn't great this time either. We won't see each other now for 3 months due to working abroad but he wants us to keep in contact, he has reached out all 3 times to try again but i still worry that i'm the one with the stronger feelings and just don't know how to act over the next three months as all our contact will be done over text due to the time difference.

I want to keep him interested so we can properly try when he gets back but i don't want to be the one that makes all the effort. Does anyone have any advice on attracting your ex back over long distance without being the one that makes all the effort? if that makes sense?

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 1

• "This is the third time my ex has tried to be a part of my life again "
    Terrible idea.

"I want to keep him interested so we can properly try when he gets back "
    Terrible idea x2.

Odds are it won't work. You should let him go.