If attraction wasn't the issue, what would make you not pursue a potential partner?

In my situation, I'm not sure if he's dating someone, so that may be the reason, but I'm not really sure.

Lots of great input, but think about it in terms of you only knowing the bare bones. This person only knows you by what you look like, nothing more. But the catch is that attraction is not the problem, so you know the person is attracted to yo, but they aren't making an effort to learn more. They are not being very responsive.

Most Helpful Guy

• When or if a guy realizes that the juice is not worth the squeeze, he becomes a pure window shopper... when he knows that getting involved with you will bring more problems than benefit... less freedom... more drama... more expense.

To sum it up, maybe he did a cost benefit analysis... it's just not worth it... whats in it for him...

• Well, I don't think I gave him enough information to even come to the conclusion that I wasn't worth it. We've asked each other a couple questions, nothing more. I feel like he would have to be around me in person a little bit to determine the type of person that I am. Out of what you said, the only thing I know I would be guilt of is "less freedom", but relationships are made up of compromises here and there, so less freedom is to be expected. As for drama and money, I don't have problems with either of the two. But maybe he wants someone whose dramatic, or younger, or for whatever reason. Not really sure, but it sucks getting ghosted :/

Thanks for your input!

• If a guy decided that the juice was not worth the squeeze, he hasn't decided that you personally aweren't worth it, it's something that is decided in general. When this occurs, it means they no longer attempt to get to know you at a deeper level. They may show interest, have attraction and look you over but they will never go further.

They do not spend time to determine the type of person you are. Also, eventually there will always be some drama, that is inherent with an emotionally driven being and there is always more expense.

You better hope he's not what I just described...

• I have honestly no idea what type of character he is. He's a creative type, like me, but other than that he seems rather intelligent, but maybe a little anti-social with people he doesn't know. Like many, he probably warms up to you once he gets to know you better. He's also a year, probably close to two years, younger than me, so I can't really gauge his maturity level based on our brief convo.

It's probably just best for me to move along, because I deserve someone who wants to talk to me, and make an effort for me. I can't be chasing after someone.

Thanks for our advise! Very helpful!

Most Helpful Girl

• *Doesn't like pets
    *Abuses drugs/does hardcore drugs
    *Eats junk food 24/7
    *Doesn't workout [or even try to]
    *Narcissistic
    *Passive or passive aggressive
    *low sex drive
    *Wants an open relationship
    *Wants to include other people in our sexual lives
    *flirts with other women

The list goes on.. >.>

• Ok, so say you don't know any of this about the person. You only know the bare bones (age, location, etc.) How about then? I'm thinking more like, you're not ready, you just got our of a relationship, etc)

• Asker- Make a list of what you'd like to ask him. On your phone memo if you can. Then just ask whim when he reslonds.

• Thanks! ... I just hope he responds haha

What Guys Said 10

• Yeah I was gonna say, not knowing whether or not the person is already dating someone and also not knowing whether she likes me back or not (fear of rejection)

• This is great input. Yeah, I'm really confused because I'm sure he knows I'm interested, but when we communicate, the first time took him forever to respond. After 5 days, I sent him a different message, and he responded the next day. He responded with a question, so it didn't seem like he was trying to find a way out. I responded, and no w it's been 5 more days. I can see that he's read the message too.

• Great advise. Stay you! There needs to be more guys out there like you haha :D

• thanks that means a lot! 😊 Best of luck 😎

• Red flags. Conflicting beliefs , life goals , etc etc.

• Narcissist
    really bad deadly incurable disease
    cheating history

• Her sex partner count, 1-5 in a potential partner and the higher it is the likely I'd kick her to the curb. I have this standard because I am fear of STDs and I don't want to get hurt.

• That's understandable. If you like her a lot and vice versa, you could ask her to get tested to be sure. And then you can get tested as well, just so that she's not the only one doing it. Just an idea. I

• Not being single.

• Nothing it's an issue for me. I'll just go for it

• They rejected me in the past

• I didn't reject him in the past. Neither one of us made the move to even initiate contact before. I'm kicking myself in the ass for not sending him a message when we matched a long time ago. I was just in this dark place in my life and wasn't ready 😕

• That her behavior has red flags.

• Loyalty if I was going to date

• if someone is close minded

What Girls Said 2

• Seeing that that person may not be compatible in some way. Differing views, interests, lifestyles, very opposite personalities, etc... there's a lot of reasons besides not being single.

• If theyre dating someone, a drug/alcohol addiction, abuses people/animals, history of violence/crimes