How do I tell a guy that I'm interested in getting back with him (I broke up with him) ?

I was dating this guy for about two months and we had a few minor issues, but I want to try to work things out and commit to him. I told him a month and a half ago that I just wanted to be friends and we've been talking on occasion since then. One of my friends also interfered with our relationship which caused more issues. However, I do still see potential and him and I genuinely believe that we could have a good relationship if we accept each others flaws. I'm just scared to ask because I don't know how to say it. How should I go about asking him through text?

I just want to give it another try and make it better than before

What Guys Said 2

• First of all, try apologizing for whatever happened between you two. I don't know much in terms of details. Then try offering to take him out to a meal of his choice, and offer to pay. But over text, just explain to him that you didn't want anything to come between you two, and that you have feelings for him still as well. Also say that you just want to have the relationship be between you two, and no one else. Therefore, try to avoid asking for your friends to help out.

• Thank you so much. That helped a lot

• You're welcome. I've never been in a relationship though, so take what I say with a grain of salt I suppose.

What Girls Said 1

• Stop doing that. That's a shitty thing to do. You already broke up with him and now you want him back? Do you understand how tiring that may feel for the other person? Let the poor dude move on.