How would you feel if your SO told you this?

So last night I was at grad night with my boyfriend and we were tired so I was trying to be cute and make conversation so I asked him, "could you imagine what it would be like if we had to go through this without each other." We've been together over a 1 year now so we went through all of senior year together. And he replied with , "it probably would've been better." I don't know if I'm overreacting but it kind of cut me deep emotionally that he basically said his year would've been better without me. I mean we've had rough times but I've never thought that way. And he's not even sorry or anything. And it honestly makes me not want to be with him anymore. I feel very... Heartbroken but I'm not sure if I'm over reacting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope he is not emotionally invested... go for the love girl... hugz n smiles 🍀🐶🍀

Most Helpful Girl

• You didn't ask him to elborate or explain on why he said that? I don't think you're overreacting. You need to ask him what he meant. Make sure it is what it is and not misinterpreted, because he could mean something entirely different to what you thought

• I did ask him, he meant that we'd been through so much bad shit that if we weren't together none of it would've happened and it would've made our year better. Which I understand.. But everyone has rough times that doesn't mean you say something like that. at least not in my opinion.

• Yeah what he said was cold. It's understandable that those times in a relationship do happen. You just need to make the most of it when you guys move on. I know it must of been hard for the two of you at that stage. (And it's understandable why he didn't like those times in that part of the relationship) but he could of said it another way that wouldn't hurt you

What Guys Said 1

• maybe you didn't give him pleasure? did you have sex with him?

What Girls Said 7

• wow. Honestly I'd end up crying and telling him how much it hurt me. If he didn't care/didnt say sorry then id dump him

• I did tell him how much he hurt me and he said sorry, not for what he said just that it made me feel bad.

• I think you should dump him if he's going to be that insensitive

• Ouch. It's not possible that he meant you might have been better off without him?

• He meant we would've been better without each other.

• Time to say bye. That's incredibly insensitive and hurtful.

• I'd ask if he also thinks the future would be better without you because that can be arranged MUAHHAHAHA

• damnnnn
    better check to see if he was sarcastic, if not, dump him.

• that is really cold

• You are not overreacting!
    I won't want to be with him anymore if I were you.
    He's so mean and insensitive.

• I don't think ur over reacting. he sounds like a right douche the sooner he is gone the better ur life will be trust me