Do you get mad when you're SO falls asleep on you?

I leave early in the morning (6:20) for work and don't come home until 5pm. (I'm a TA, soon to be teacher working Monday-Friday)... Since it was a Friday night my boyfriend asked to watch a movie. I was totally down for it but ended up knocking out before we even watched it. I woke back up around 10:30pm and my boyfriend seemed upset but insisted I go back to sleep. I felt bad but I can't control the urge to sleep especially when I'm at work for most of the day. (FYI, this has happened more than once so I can kinda understand why he is mad). So just wanna know... how does your SO react to you falling asleep early when you have plans?

Most Helpful Guy

• What a petty thing to get upset about. People should be allowed to be tired and sleep without their partner getting upset. I get it, maybe he missed you, maybe he was horny, maybe he just wanted your company but if you pass out like that, obviously you're tired af and require sleep.

Most Helpful Girl

• A little. I was watching a super long film with my boyfriend two days ago and he fell asleep just before half way through so I turned it off and we went to bed. It's a little upsetting that he wasn't awake to enjoy something that I really, really wanted to do but it's not too big a deal. His health comes first. Besides, I've done the same thing before, I fell asleep during Edward Scissorhands before Edward was even out of the car in the beginning, so like 5 minutes into it and stayed asleep for the whole film, even though we had company.

What Guys Said 10

• My ex hated it when I fell asleep on her. Half the time it was because she had woken me up early to drive her somewhere, and kept me up late to help her with something.
    SOs who get upset at you for being tired are just as selfish as you for falling asleep on them.

• I might be a little upset if it kept happening, especially if we were both always tight on time, and I was putting in a lot of effort to spend quality time with her.

However, if we always have a ton of free time, and see each other more than enough, then it wouldn't bother me at all.

It depends on circumstance.

• I've done that a multitude of times with my friend and I did it a lot with my former girlfriend. They both do it too, so I don't care. Once, I was watching Star Wars with my friend on a Saturday, and I go from Skywalker and Kenobi saving the Chancellor, to her waking me up at 8:00 Sunday morning. It was a pretty odd feeling.

• I mean i could see how one could get upset over that but for me i want me girl to be well rested and if she is willing to spend the time with me and trust that i will take care of her while she sleeps, that's a big thing. Plus she's cute when she sleeps soo

• I'm single for the moment but I would enjoy it :D
    Except maybe if I had to go to the bathroom hahaha :o

• even if she doesn't have plans the next day, I still find it very cute and even play with her hair, cause when a girl fall asleep on you means she really trust you and think of you as a special person so you should appreciate that !

• I have no SO yet, but I'm sure I'd enjoy it. (At least for awhile.)

• Not a big deal to me.

• that sounds kinda cute. by the way dont have any SO.

• Yes. Fuck them. Literally. With your pussy.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't be angry at my boyfriend for that, especially if he's been working a lot lately, it's understandable. But actually, I'm usually the one who falls asleep on him since I wake up so early in the mornings. He's never acted mad at me for it though. We just have different sleep patterns and both of us know that. Hopefully your boyfriend isn't too upset with you. People get tired and I'm sure you didn't fall asleep early on purpose.

• I went to his house and after being there a few hours i got extremely tired, so when we watched a movie i ended up falling asleep on top of him. he thought it was cute and told me to go back to sleep.
    I wouldn't be mad if he fell asleep on me unless we were having a conversation that was important or if we were having sex.

• You can see from their point of view why it would be a pain if they wanted to spend quality time with you.

• No. I care about him getting a goods nights rest. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if he does fall asleep

• I wouldn't be upset with him. I'd want him healthy, so if sleep is what he needs he can have it.

• I wouldn't get upset about that all. I would gladly hold him in my lap and massage his head and listen to his peaceful breathing.

• I fall asleep on guys really easily, and they usually mention how adorable it is and make jokes about it. Personally, I like it when the guy I'm seeing falls asleep on me.

• I probably wouldn't, it'd be kinda cute