Why do people try and make their exes jealous?

why do people try and make their exes jealous? Dont they know it only reassures the ex they made the right choice to break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• They want them back or just want to see them hurt while they are happy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha no, they don't know that it'll only make it super obvious that they're clearly not over their ex. They definitely try too hard, but they don't realize it because they're hurt and not thinking straight.
    Such people should just be ignored. If you give them attention, they'll only think it's working. If you ignore them, they'll slowly realize you don't give a fuck and will start feeling embarrassed.

What Guys Said 6

• Pride and ego

• Ignorance of what life is all about.

• I don't know but I imagine a person harbor feelings of resentment toward an ex at times and if not maybe they just want their exes to know they are ok? I think there could be a number of things at play honestly

• They're usually still thinking about their ex.

• I simply ignore them... they are exes.. ancient history. Just move on.

• That's the sort of stuff that happens when crazy gets together with not crazy.

What Girls Said 4

• Isn't it simple?

Because in the end of the day it is the ex that is on their mind. They want to divert their exe's attention to them.

They are literally screaming for some little attention. It is shameful yet at the same time very amusing. A smart ex would ignore, smile and move on.

• Simple... to get them back and make them feel like shit about it in the first place... BOOM! Lol I won't lie I've done it in the past, but it's not worth it that way, just move on.

• So a vengeful act? Then afterwards he came jp4 to me to ask me a STUPID question (we were ay same party) and i just played dumb and walked away.

• Yeah it's 99.99% always s vengeful act hand's down! Esp after coming up to you at a party lol with a silly question I'm sure he sprung up in like 3 second's after seeing you there. It was used as an excuse to talk to you. Some people don't think with a clear mind and do irrational or spew irrational thing's out. I applaud you though for acting cool as a cucumber under pressure☺

• Yea he came up to me like 3 minutes after being dumb = Thats why i was like uh no and walked away whike laughing and saying "idk" to his question.

• Usually cus they want them back

• I guess sometimes people are hurt and behave in weird ways, or they want to have some justice and their hurt recognized and they want to show to their exes what they have missed... it doesn`t make sense sometimes, but break ups aren't easy. if these people are doing something like it, then it shows that they still care somehow (because otherwise they would behave differently)..