Why does this white guy keep telling me he likes black girls? Is he into me for the wrong reasons?

Me and this friend by association have a
had a few conversations here and there and sometimes randomly he would mention that he really likes black girls. Usually when he says this he's trying to flirt with me and I don't know if he's just "into me" for the wrong reasons or what. My other friends have told me that they've heard that he was "racist" which is weird given the fact that at two different times he has mentioned to me that he "so called" likes black girls. As well as I have dated/hooked up with other white guys in the past (I like all races I don't discriminate) they've never mentioned anything about oh I really like black girls or ever mentioned anything about my race. Im confused. Any thoughts? I'll give an example if need be to help answer this.

What Guys Said 2

• Here's the problem with what your friends are saying. If he says he likes black girls he's racist (according to them). BUT if he doesn't say he's attracted to black girls, he has no way of being sure that you know he's interested, AND is in danger of being labelled racist *because* he never said he liked black girls. SO, either way he loses.

What do you call it when you put people in a position where all their choices are wrong?

• No, no, "if he says he likes black girls he's racist (according to them)" is not correct. My friends have had previous interactions with him and I'm not sure where the whole racist thing rooted from but that's what they've heard. (Btw my black and white friend had said this) But I was just confused cause it would be in random situations where he would bring it up.

• Well, I don't know him, and I don't know you. Maybe he's racist, maybe he's not. Maybe he made one statement that someone felt was racist five years ago.

Here's the bottom line. Are you attracted to him? Does he treat you decently? Is he generally a nice person?

• so... he likes black girls so what? would you feel better if he like tall girls and you were taller? or would you think he loves you for the wrong reasons too? it doesn't seem like a problem to me but if he is racist that might be, but if you dont 100% really trust your friends then you should maybe give him a chance? I don't know that guys uses weird flirting methods

What Girls Said 1

• If you're friends are telling you he's a racist, they're probably right. Guys who say they're "into black girls" usually see them as a fetish, nothing more. Otherwise, he wouldn't need to say it, would he? He would just flirt with you and it wouldn't come up.