Do women lie when they say that they like a guy more for his personality instead of looks?

I feel like most of them do...

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck looks. It can attract our attention and give us a short-term infatuation, but if his personality is ugly that infatuation can disappear in a second. His good looks is just a tool for attention and yes it gives him a higher chance for us to say yes to a date, but the moment he gets the date he can toss that good-look card in the toilet because it will be useless. Good-looks get the attention, personality keeps it. Unless a girl is only looking to get laid, then his looks is all that matters.

• "Good looks get the attention, personality keeps it" so not-so-goodlooking people won't get attention? Because they don't have the looks to get it?

• Honestly, I feel its the same for men even if most do not even realize it though I think a guy can tolerate a nasty angry a lady a bit more if she's hot and he's in it for sex but personally I would find a lady acting like a total "you know" or snobby to be a huge turn off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes its a lie.

I was just talking to a girl on POF, I pulled my picture, she was saying how personality is more important than looks and we had a good conversation, I talked to her for a night ( Maybe 18 messages total)

I sent her my picture and then all she said was I am not attracted to you. That was the end of it.

• Just because personality is more important than looks doesn't mean that looks are completely irrelevant.

• Working out never hurts. And hey, average ain't too bad. As long as you don't expect the girl to be a supermodel or something.

• @skaikrasha

I would be really happy with an average girl that treats me nice :)

But again I get no attention... from any girl...

What Girls Said 16

• Not necessarily, some do and some don't. For me it's a combination of both looks AND personality. I'm not going to lie and say looks don't matter to me in a romantic relationship at all because if I liked someone only for their personality but wasn't physically attracted they'd just be a friend. However, I would not go out with someone who I was physically attracted to but not mentally attracted to either - E. g, if I thought a guy looked really cute but he had a load of traits I disliked such as being a player, disloyal & a liar then I would quickly lose interest & would not want him as a boyfriend.

I like my boyfriend for both his personality and his looks - He looks cute, has an adorable smile, blue eyes, freckles and isn't too big or too skinny - just the perfect size for cuddling.

We seem to get on well, we were best friends before we started going out and he is from what I can tell so far: Loyal, honest, respectful, caring & protective: All traits I LOVE.

If I didn't think he was cute he'd just remain a friend; if I still liked his looks but he had the opposite personality I'd be gone.

• They aren't lying however part of relationships is being attracted to the person you're with and there is nothing wrong with that. It means they're fine with dating someone who is below average but that doesn't mean they'll be with someone they think is revolting and hideous. No one should be expected to whether they're a man or woman. Now of course beauty is subjective so what is below average or what is "ugly" is completely random and dependent on the girl as an individual.

• Nope.

• Looks fade. You can be hot as hell but if you're an asshole, I'm not interested. Personality trumps looks every time, you have fun with someone who gets you. If I want something pretty I'll buy a pair of shoes.

• No, it's the truth, well at least for me. If you're going to be a prick to me, it doesn't change how good you look.. you're still a prick.
    If a guy is a 10 in regards of looks, but he's disrespectful, rude, shallow, etc... He's like a 0 to me, unattractive
    If a guy is a 6 in regards of looks, but he's great as a person, he's a 10

• You won't dare to admit that you'd never go for an unattractive guy xD a 6 is still above average. To get your point across, you should've said a 2 or a 3 at most.

• @Raymond_Reddington My point's clear though. Personality is way more important than looks. Sure at the end of the day, we are attracted to something. And I DO admit, if I find someone unattractive, I'd probably not date. We got to love the partner for both sides, right?

• No! When you like a guy for his personality, his outsides begin to look just as good as his insides. But when you like a guy for their outsides and their insides are horrible, there's no changing that!

• When someone asks me this question (typically a girl) I'll say looks & they'll be look "omgeE!!1!!1 that's so rude" blah blah blah... obviously personality is a huge part but physical attraction is the start of it all

• no way I love my guy to have personality, if he loves to laugh and have a good time and can make me laugh and well I will leave it unsaid

• heck NO personality is everyyything. tbh you might not be attracted to them at first but if they have a great personality they can win you over

• No women doesn't... well I don't

• of course we do

• You actually have to like him as a person not just for his looks when dating.

• depends on the person that says it. every girl is different

• Nope, looks are important but not as much as personality.

• Most of the time yes. They will forget about that once a sexy guy approaches them, and they will continue to stay with him even if he's a jerk because they're scared of ending up with another ugly guy.

• Not all of us no, i dated a guy who's personality outshone his looks but he was the sexiest man ever, people would comment because they know i date very handsome men but to me that didn't matter, for the first time i was attracted to a man not for looks but it was his personality that won me over, people were puzzled but i knew why i was attracted to him he had a winnining personality and charm about him that blew my socks off.

What Guys Said 6

• not exactly lie they want a good lookig guy with a great personality, when they're young a hot guy will attract their attention and he will get away with lots of shit, of course if your personality sucks it won't last long, but i dont see a woman marrying a man unless he was either :

Attractive with a good personality
    or
    unattractive but has a good personality and money

if you're unattractive, and have a good personality but nothing else to offer you're fucked, also sometimes the girl herself is not quality to begin with so she can't really go hunting for brad pitts.

• Yes, but so do men.

• The first round of selection is usually based on looks (because you can see that on the outside), but in the subsequent rounds personality is key. Men do the same thing really...

• no. but i think they mean they'd date a 6-7/10 with a great personality. not that they'd date a 5/10 with a good personality.

• Sometimes it's their way of saying I don't like u like that.

• Yepp