What are the best opening greetings and questions to use for the first message on a dating site?

What are good ways to open a conversation with someone online. If the basics are in the profile what else should you ask. I ask questions s about hobbies they list in their profile and get no responses. What am I doing wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• I see Nothing wrong with Asking a Normal Girl, Someone who is Into being Asked... About hobbies. However, perhaps with "Asking for her hobbies, @Rloco she is also Thinking that Something is.. Stinking.
    By this I mean, she May be Leery somehow that is "SEX" is going to Come up Somewhere in Between.
    Try Asking First "Hi, How are you? I live your great pictures." Then when you both are Talking about other Things, such can Lead to her "Interests" I call it, Not "Hobbies," I would not Use this Word, she will probably give you all the Info you want if she is Open and Honest Herself.
    Asking her about her Family is a Big Plus, and with me, It gets Five Fabulous Stars.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you for the Like and the Vote of Confidence, sweet guy. xxoo

What Girls Said 2

• i personally like guys to say something related to my profile cuz it shows they DID read it. So I think you are doing the right thing.

• Honestly I prefer hey how are you doing or

What Guys Said 5

• Asked m'lady what she studied in university. Somehow strong chemistry within minutes

• Howdy sugarr

• Hi I saw your picture and just wanted to let you know that you're beautiful!!

• Thanks if you think my pic is beautiful I must be gorgeous. That is a terrible pic of me lol 😂

• its so tough to say , most girls generally don't reply to those messages regardless of what you say to them , they just quickly look at profile and then move to next message , you might have like a minute of her time before she moves on to next one

• Hey bby how u doin'?