Why do I put pretty girls on a pedestal?

I get slightly nervous around them and I'm not able to make a good impression.

Tired of being single for this stupid ass reason of not being confident. What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with La femme fatale, you lack the experience. Are you that shy around girls that you like, you can't even talk to them? If so, you probably will not get very far and might even have to settle for a girl that your not attracted to. If there are other women like me, then they will not take you by the hand and initiate for you so that you dont have to. When I was a lot younger at secondary school, I had crushes an couldn't talk to any of them because I was such a nervous wreck. None of them took me by the hand. That's when I had to snap out of it and overcome my shyness. So I started talking to other guys, even guys I wasn't really attracted to. So when I developed more crushes I would talk to those guys and get to know them a little better first, only to discover that they had girlfriends. I'd definitely advise, doing some homework on them before telling them how you feel or asking them out. Its a foolproof way of avoiding rejection.

• It's because I don't want to come off as annoying or weird for going up to them.

• In that's case you'll just have to be careful who you approach. I wouldn't class you as creepy if you approached me and started talking to me. I'd rather have that than what I seem to get now. All I get are guys that stare at me, follow me around, invade my space, when I'm not paying attention they put themselves in my sight, they stand next to me and never talk. That's what I call creepy and unnerving. I wish they would have a more direct approach.

• Thanks for MHO.

What Girls Said 8

• Probably you lack experience and that's why you are nervous around us.
    You should know that even the prettiest girl you have ever met, has her own insecurities. Play as if you are confident even if you aren't, no one likes people who are nervous around them.

• I'm scared of coming off as weird or annoying.

• It is easy to say but to overcome your fair, you should do the things, you are afraid.

• Because you choose to. If you make them to be a super-human then you're obviously going to find them intimidating.
    Pretty girls fart and poop like everyone else.
    Also keep in mind that not every pretty (or non-pretty) girl is going to like you. You just might not be their type or what they find attractive. It happens. Somebody is bound to like you however so it's not completely impossible. Also if you find yourself constantly rejected by pretty girls then it just means you're shooting far above your league. If you're not attractive to a pretty girl in some major way they'll look elsewhere. Pretty girls have many men seeking after them you have to make yourself stand out.

• They are human like you and you may not know this but even pretty girls have insecurities and fears. And if you get rejected sometimes so what? I mean everyone has been rejected sometime in their life. Do you think it's better not to even try? You have nothing to lose you even gain experience. And you never know you may get the girl ;)

• You need to go out more often. Talk to people and try to not get nervous.

• Confidence is really what you need though.

• It could be because you're slightly intimidated? Happens to me with cute guys all the time too, I get intimidated if they're really good looking and I worry too much about their impression of me & i overanalyze everything &I end up ruining it. then you actually end up ruining it & when you try to fix things it makes it worse! Just take deep breaths & remind yourself of why you're so great & what you have to offer. (: it sounds kinda weird but remind yourself & them that you're a catch. Don't be a huge dick about it though, there's a fine line lol

• Just remember the prettiest girl is human. She takes a shit like you do. Her shit stinks. She will probably look ugly when she gets older. She is insecure about some aspect of her looks.

• And only God knows what she looks like without makeup and nice clothes !

• hahhahahhahahahha and only God knows (x seriously though! some girls wear soo much makeup (even if it doesn't look caked on) that when they take it off, they're a whole other person. some even add fake eyelashes, eye contacts, hair extensions, you just never know what they really look like under all that.

• @KRIEL55 Amen! Guys that idealize girls are totally clueless

• Because you are a man desperate for pussy

• I'm not desperate because if I was I would not care what they thought of me

What Guys Said 17

• 1 forget about them being attractive, 2 work on acting confident,3 practice your social skills,4 forget about making a good impression,5 show off your personality to them someone who is girlfriend materiel does not care about the first few times you see her. Though be sure to at lest complement her if you like her when you see her.

• Pretty gals are humans too.

Think about how passive many girls are about even turning down a guy, many girls FEAR the guy being aggressive with them if she directly turns him down, so they lie about having a boyfriend, or they give their number to you then ignore your contact.

In short, the gal is way WAY more afraid of you, than you should be of her.

• 1.) start being less self-conscious / insecure

2.) stop putting girls on a pedestal because they also take a shit and fart just like anyone else, the only thing special about them is that they have a vagina but even that's a trait shared by about 4.5 billion people on the planet

• 1) Because you haven't intuitively grasped the fact there are lots and lots of pretty girls in the world, even in your city.

2) Because you haven't found other qualities that matter to you: for example if you found humor in a girl really important and attractive you'd be much less nervous talking to girls who are pretty but have no sense of humor or girls who are pretty and may have a sense of humor that you don't yet know about (just assume they don't). You'd get more nervous again if you found out she has a sense of humor but by then you two would already have broken the ice and know each other a little, which will decrease your nervousness more than finding out she has a sense of humor increased it. Savvy?

• Then do baby step. Talk to girls you consider "ugly". then work up to girls you consider "average", then finally talk to the girl you consider "pretty".

You worry about not making a good impression? the fact that you get nervous and get scared is already making a BAD impression.

Confident come from self. You need to believe that you have value. In fact, in order for any relationship to happen, both partner have to think they are getting something good/benefit from each other.

• You're in the scarcity mindset: thinking they're going to be your one and only shot of love and intimacy. You have to learn that they're not even that great despite how they appear.

Learn how to amuse yourself. Go out and approach any girls, attractive or not, old or young. You don't have to flirt with them, just have to learn how to enjoy yourself in any social situation. That's a good way to learn to let go.

• I'm scared of coming off as weird.

• It's alright. We're all afraid of that. Just be completely honest and authentic. Just tell a girl you're feeling awkward approaching her and don't want to come off as weird.

• Increase your sexual attractiveness and conquer the world breh
    It's mission critical to realize your own value. For dating, for career, etc. It's up to you to go kick ass and get what you want.

• It's already high though dude, but I still feel intimidated by these girls lol

• I have this crazy scenario in my head where they laugh at me lol

• Don't worry, probably means they like you or something. If not, then move on.

• Because you probably thought she was a Roman.
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../220px-Pedestal_(PSF).png

• Cause you are a hopeless romantic and deny the fact they get railroaded by some dude who happens to be good looking or tall (personality doesn't really matter) at young ages.
    I remember being like you. Until girls I respected and thought were "nice" and need to be on a pedestal would tell me things like "i want to fuck your brother" or see them randomly kiss good-looking guys at party's.

• This might sound weird but Whenever I talk to someone who I think is out of my league I imagine them doing a poo then try and suppress the laughter this should help you relax. If you fail at talking to someone it doesn't matter don't try and act as a different person

• I don't know why you do. They're humans just like you and I. There's no reason to put them above yourself.

• they are just human, they are not goddesses. you have to realize this.

• Be confident and treat them like any other person.

• I'm scared of coming off as weird lol

• I mean what if she thinks "why is this random guy talking to me"

• that's your issue... talk to who you want. See a pretty girl you like go up to her and talk. if she's not interested then so what plenty more fish out there in the sea lmao

• its kinda normal

• I DUNNO. UR WEIRD.

• human nature..

• It's not what you can do for the girl, but what the girl can do for you.