Would you prefer your SO not to drink or smoke?

• Yes, other drugs instead
  • I'd prefer them to do both and take other drugs
  • I'd prefer they drink but that's it
  • I'd prefer they smoke but that's it
  • Yes I prefer they don't take any drugs at all

Most Helpful Guy

• She can drink of course (only an extremely boring person doesn't touch alcohol) as long as she doesn't overdo it. I'd prefer she didn't smoke, it stinks and no good can come of it.
    And I'd prefer if she was up for trying other drugs (this is quite important actually, it shows she's not a boring, brainwashed health freak) though again, without overdoing it

Most Helpful Girl

• Drinking - Socially/rarely is alright. Regularly? No.

Smoking- So long as they don't smoke in the apt/house/car; I'm okay with it. Been with a smoker before tbh. Cigarettes and cigars.
    Just spray yourself down with cologne, do not DOUSE yourself in it, just spray.

Weed, in edible form is the only kind I tolerate. The smell (YES, IK how this sounds) makes me feel sick.

Anything else, NO.

What Guys Said 16

• If she smoked, i just downright wouldn't date her. Nicotine, Marijuana, Crack - nothing.

Drinking is a different story. I don't want a tipsy bimbo, who goes out to bars and clubs to get hammered and potentially cheat on me. But I don't drink much at all, and even I love a nice glass of wine every now and then. So that's fine.

• I'd prefer a girl who doesn't drink or smoke but Id probably prefer a pot user over a drinker.

Cigarettes are just gross.

• I'd prefer if they only drink but even then they would have to promise not to get too annoyed when I'm watching how much they drink.

• Smoking - I don't smoke, but I don't care if she smokes or not.

Drinking - I don't mind if she does it in moderation. If she does it frequently, that's a dealbreaker. I don't like alcohol personally. I rarely drink.

Drugs - I think marijuana is okay in moderation. LSD/Shrooms on occasion. No coke, meth, painkillers, heroin. And definitely no alcoholism.

• Smoking is strictly prohibited. Deal breakers. Drinking is fine however I will press to drink responsibly

• An occasional drink is okay. Anything more and/or smoking is a deal breaker, as are illicit recreational drugs.
    Red flags do not come in a larger size than that.

• I would never date a cigarette smoker or someone who uses any illegal drugs and I'd prefer my girlfriend to at least not drink a lot because I don't drink at all

• It would be preferable but drinking socially every now and then isn't a big deal.

• None of that crap k thanks

• Idm girls who drink, bc I drink too.
    Smoking is a huge nope tho

• Only drink, unless she get drunk, smoking is much worse then drinking in most cases.

• But in the cases where drinking is worse, it's worse by tenfold.

• Not really, smoking girls would give even an alcoholic girl a run for her money.

• I will not have a relationship with someone who smokes and isn't actively trying to stop; I don't drink either, but that's their choice (unless they have a drinking problem).

• Nah. Also drinking is worse than smoking.

• I prefer a girl who doesn't do either of those.

• drugs and drinking are fine, but a regular smoker probably not

• I would rather for their own health sake not to do any of that, but if it had to be anyone of them all I would rather it be smoking because smoking won't destroy someone as fast as drinking or drugs will.

What Girls Said 8

• I don't mind if they drink or smoke however I'd rather them not take other sorts of drugs.

• Even though drinking causes more violence and loss of self control than most other drugs.

• @inverted I don't really care for the statistics, I just won't be tolerable of them.

• I'm okay with moderate drinking, but not smoking or anything else.

• I'd prefer he didn't smoke or drink because drinking can cause liver damage and smoking can cause cancer and Id want my SO the love of my life to not die on me.

• i would prefer he didn't smoke. i don't mind drinking a few times a year, socially.

• prefer not to smoke at all or drink in excess but an occasional drink is cool

• Yeah I don't like any of that stuff

• If it's weed that's okay if cigarettes that's a instant no go. Drinking idc but just not all the time

• I wouldn't "prefer" him to do it, but I don't mind it at all, I drink and smoke at times, and even do some other drugs too sometimes, so if my SO is like me I don't mind and if he doesn't and doesn't mind me drinking, smoking, and etc. then it's cool