Girls, why don't you ask guys out? Guys, would you want girls to start making the first move more often?

I'm a girl and I don't really see why girls don't ask guys out more often. I mean, if you really like a guy you'll never know if he likes you if you don't ask. He could be inexperienced or shy or he just hasn't picked up on any signs you're giving him.

• I'm a GIRL and DON'T ask guys out
  • I'm a GIRL and DO ask guys out
  • I'm a GUY and DON'T want girls asking me out
  • I'm a GUY and WANT girls asking me out more often
Bump

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• If I ever met a man that was so perfect, I couldn't resist, I would make a move.

But, uh, I've not met/seen him yet.

** Plus, I like a man who takes initiative, has the courage and confidence to approach me.

I like an aggressive, ambitious, confident man. That's what I think when a man has the guts to approach me.

• Men like confidence in women to so by you not asking a man out only points out your lack of self confidence, but It doesn't matter what the guy likes

• Those likes tho...

Thank you for MHG! ^-^

• Just added another like 😉 haha never got my two cents in but I agree with you.

What Guys Said 24

• Dude, how the fuck do girls ask this every day?

WHY WOULD WE NOT WANNA BE ASKED OUT BY YOU? GIVE ME ONE REASON.

• I'm kinda on your side. I don't see why girls don't do it more often.

• Because we're afraid we'll come across as too aggressive/ desperate/ easy/ clingy?

• @Tsgirl94 guys aren't ridiculously superficial like girls, we won't do that. We don't overthink every fucking thing. Get that in your head and tell your friends.

• I am a guy and want woman to ask me out more often. Sometimes it is nice for the woman to chase you instead of having to do all the chasing. Women never seem to do this though.

• Young men, here is a tip from an old man.
    Once women reach the age of 35 it becomes fairly common for women to make the first move, because they have to.
    By that stage of life most men either could not be bothered (too many rejections, too many female mind games and too much general bullshit from women for too many years), or the risk of a career-ending sexual harassment complaint has made them unwilling.
    Women hit on me wherever I go. There has been a role reversal.

• A girl doing this frequently may quickly earn (WRONGLY) the 'slut' label.
    That's how society works.

• I don't care if they ask me out, but I'd rather they be more explicit in their interest then beating around the gigantic bush.

• I've had a few girls asking me out or initiating it. Its always a thrill a beautiful woman approaching. Sometimes theyll send a pal up if they're shy. Most men are going to respond well unless theyre bell-ends that think theyre too good for most girls in which case women wouldn't want to be near tbem anyway

• I think for two reasons

1. I think maybe guys are scared of losing power. Or maybe giving that much power to the guy and he might use u?

2. You guy think if a guy can't ask u out then he isn't man enough for u

The other reason I have are far off

• I want more girls to ask guys out. It's a win for both.

• If I like a girl, I approach them and ask them out. Its thrill of chase as well I guess. I don't mind girls asking guys out. I like girls who are confident, and that shows they are confident. However if a girl approaches me and asks me out. I'll get her number instead and call her. I would pay for the date as well.

• Makes no sense for women not to ask guys out. We are 1000xs more receptive to female advances than women are from men.

• It'd respect a women more if she said "I like you" rather then the hints I need pointed out to me after she has been dropping them for months (this is an actual situation I am in at the moment).

Apparently I just don't notice.

• I know this woman, she's like "oh I dont chase guys" I want this, I want that, I know what I want. I was like "you know I can't give you what you want, why you coming after me"

• Only if I started to approach you first because that means I like you. Then you can ask me out. Coz at the initial stage, that would be my goal, to ask you out.

• I do not want girls asking me out. Think of it this way; women get to be the bad guys when they say no. I never have to say anything if I just ignore the flirting.

• yes that would be soo good if girls ask us out more often

• i want girls asking me out.

• it would sure help us shy guys.

• I am little bit shy, so girls should give me hints or ask me out. ;)

• Girls should ask guys out more.

• Depends on if I really like the girl a lot then yes

• I feel the same I want more girls I like to ask me out.!

• I've been asked out a few times. I liked it.

• I love when girls ask me out, I'd never do it myself

• D - absolutely d, however voted c is a ******

• "however voted c is a ****** " is supposed to be whoever voted c is a (whatever you want to think)

What Girls Said 26

• Girls don't ask guys out more often for a few reasons.
    1. We're often told that it will make the guy feel 'emasculated'
    2. We're often told that we need to make guys chase us a bit, or else we'll be seen as a slut and 'too easy'
    3. Also stems from the olden days when women were forbidden, by law, to have an income of their own, or even to vote in elections. Since we were dependent on men back then, it would've been unimaginable for a woman to have the nerve to ask a guy out so... a bit of that mind-set still remains.

On a side note, some of us do ask guys out, and the amount seems to be rising. I, for example, asked my boyfriend out. :)

• I refrained from asking my boyfriend out for like three-ish years because like... 1. I was way too young to get into a serious relationship when I first started crushing on him and 2. I had huuuuge issues with confidence and body image and all that stuff, there was no way I'd have been able to do it. Honestly, I'm not sure if my anxiety would let me ask anyone out now. Not really a gender thing and more of the fact that I'm too weak to engage in human interaction :P

• Ah yes the excuses we tell ourselves are very powerful. Imagine the person you'd be if you convinced yourself the opposite was true.

• Life is what your make it, you can speak things into existence so start seeing yourself in a positive light.

• @cchris989 I had a debate on 'life is what you make it' with my partner yesterday. I think the idea is usually pretty bullshit. I didn't make it that I got diagnosed with severe anxiety disorder, nor did I make it that I had body issues. I made it that I was sensible enough to wait until I was emotionally ready to even consider getting into a relationship because hey, I'm not gonna get a boyfriend at 11 years old just so I can say 'yay, I asked a boy out! wooh, go feminism uwu! <3'

• I would like to ask guys out, but I feel that many guys would like a good chase, and once you've shown you're interested in them, they start backing out.

I'm usually very initiative with guys when they send me a signal of interest, but when I start displaying interest, they usually end up becoming disinterested

• I have asked men out and never have gotten a yes.
    I hear a lot of guys think she's desperate or easy if she makes the first move.

• I don't understand that either. Complain girls don't approach, if they do call them desperate. Someone else mentioned to me as well.

• @Oram52 exactly. That's something I'm afraid of. If I ask him out, he'll assume I only want sex, couldn't be further from the truth. I want a relationship that will last. I don't care about temporary relationships.

• I'm a GIRL and DO ask guys out
    I only ask out when I am sure I like them!

• After I get to know the guy and I like him, I'll ask him out. If I don't ask a guy out it's because I don't want to, or don't know him well enough.

• I've asked out quite a few. I get impatient.

• Call me old fashioned, but I think the guy should make the first move.

• If you where old fashion your dad would have sold you for two goats and cow

• I'm beginning to think you can't make jokes anymore

• @cchris989 Ohh defensive wasn't wasn't I 😂 I didn't know you were joking 😅

• A lot of guys complain that women never ask men out, without stopping to think that maybe women just don't ask THAT particular man out...

Seriously, most of us do ask guys out if we are really interested...

• I like how so far 100% of girls say they ask guys out and 100% of guys say they want girls to ask them out c:

• Yeah something is not adding up

• @cchris989 yeah cause when I wrote that people hadn't voted for the Other choices yet lmao. 3 hours ago everyone was on agreeance

• I ask any guy I find interesting and wanting to get to know more.

• Yes, I usually ask guys out.

• Well here's the thing that confuses me... Many guys state that they would love for girls to ask them out, but there are also many who state that they get turned off when girls ask them out because they seem too aggressive/ desperate/ easy. Personally I feel that guys are likely to be more devoted/ invested in the relationship if they do the chasing (guys love the chase, don't they?). That's why I don't ask guys out, and only drop hints. The hints I give are rather obvious, so if they don't get it then... too bad for them hahaha

• I do ask guys out, but I have to really really like them in order to do so. I just need to be sure about someone. There's no other reason.

• My mom says girls should never ask girls out because it's weird and when a girl asks a guy out it makes her look desperate.

Probably why I'm not in a relationship now because I took that advice. :/

• Oh yeah I wanted to ask guys and girls out but my mom said no because it would be weird and desperate. I took that advice for years

• My first rejection was from a guy I asked out lol. He was really nice about it though and didn't think it was weird at all.

• Vote A.

Showing up & saying "yes' or "no" when approached is what I am totally used to.
    I don't plan on changing this.

• I don't ask out usually.

• i've tried in the past and got rejected, so that's why i really fear rejection from guys cause the guys that rejected me didn't do it nicely really.

• I'm old fashioned. I prefer the guys to ask me out.

• Woops clicked the wrong option. Lol. I will ask guys out if its me that's got the crush on them. But if it's a guy that's got a crush on me and hasn't got the balls to be talk to me. I won't bother with him. I will not take him by the hand. When I was shy I had to over come it. If I could do it, the other people should be able to.

• Why don't guys express how they feel and when the girl does, the guy gets mad and mean to her. Umm really? Then he'll sit and ponder why that girl isn't keen on calling him.

• Guys who want to be asked out are guys who doesn't want to be rejected...
    In my country never a girls will ask a guys out, it's the job of the man

• ill think of him as gay and i won't be interested in him anymore but itll be too late

• I dont want to come across as desperate. That's my main reason.

• In theory wouldn't that mean guys who ask girls out are desperate though?

• I don't look at them as desperate because it's been set up for them to be the one to ask her out on a date/to homecoming/prom/etc, propose to her and so on. unfair but its just how things are. plus guys like the chase and girls love the attention they get.

• Because I don't like anyone. Not even myself at this point!

• I don't think I've ever asked a guy out, but it was more because they did first, I wouldn't mind asking a guy out if I was really into him, I already make first moves at clubs, dates, etc...