What is the best piece of advice you’ve received?

What is the best piece of advice I’ve received?

"Take advantage of five things before five things seize you; [1]Your youth before your old age, [2]Your health before your sickness, [3]Your wealth before your poverty, [4]Your spare time before your being busy and [5]Your life before you death." Muhammad (Peace be upon him.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Being early is being on time

Most Helpful Guy

• "Whoever has two shirts, let him wear one and give the other one to his brother." Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

What Girls Said 6

• 1) Humble yourself before God Almighty and he will exalt you in due time

2) Don't judge yourself based on other people's opinion of you

3) Never judge a person's choices, when you don't know their reasons

4) If you want to be strong, learn how to fight alone

5) Never underestimate someone else's pain

• It wasn't advice to me but:
    ""You either walk around like you own the world, or you walk around like the world owns you." -redeye

Also not to me but:

"If you are caught unprepared by a sudden rainstorm, you should not run foolishly down the road or hide under the eves of houses. You are going to get soaked either way. Accept that from the beginning and go on your way. This way you will not be distressed by a little rain. Apply this lesson to everything."

• Muhammad Ali? That's pretty good advice except forghe fact that if you're wise with your money you shouldn't have to worry about being poor.

• NOT Muhammad Ali,
      Muslim's Prophet, Muhammad Abdullāh

• Not totally correct there, you could be wise with your money and something out of your power happens and you remain broke.. (I. e. Illness, natural disaster, bad economy... Just to mention a few)

• Well it's not an advice but a quote that I've been living by ever since I first heard of it:

"Those who want to succeed will find a way, those who don't will find an excuse."

• "If he wanted to call, he would"---by my mom (when I was in my early 20s.)

• Life is your timeline and death is fate. set goals and plan accordingly before its too late.

What Guys Said 15

• The advice itself is not that amazing, but it opened my eyes in a way. I used to be quite self-conscious and felt that I was often to blame if a conversation went stale. The advice I got was: "What other people think about you, is none of your damn business". This really stuck with me, as I never thought about it that way. I shouldn't worry about what others think about me, that is their thing to worry about. I should try to be the best I can be, but without worrying about being judged by others.

• I"m not sure if this is the best advice I've received but it's what I remember most. I was probably 11 or 12 years old and I remember telling my dad that I was thinking about wanting to be a mechanic like him when I grew up and he told me no. The reason being is he wanted me to do a job that required me to use my head and not my body. He wanted more for me than what he had and I'm so grateful for that.

• Measure twice cut once.

OK, that's a carpentry saying, but it can apply to a lot of other things. It means don't rush, think things through, and don't act until you know why and what you are doing.

• To give up on dating.

• Who on earth gave you that advice? I can understand it and feel that way some times myself but you can't 100% close the door to the possibility.

• To read the book of Proverbs.

• Love like Áine, fight like Hercules, use Wisdom like Solomon, govern like Alexander and live like it is your last day on this earth.

• "A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's a damn fool who needs advice."

• Attitude is the difference between an ordeal and an adventure.

• for me it's "don't trust even your own eyes if they blink without your well take them out and don't even waste your time searching for the reason"

• Don't shit where you eat lol

• Take some time to smell the roses

• Do not hate or judge. Respect everyone.

• They all look the same in the dark.

• No matter what, be grateful that you were able to live this life.

• Life's not fair