How do you know if you're a hookup, friends with benefits, or a date?

0|0
3|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple. Does he take you out for activities other than sex? Or is there always at least a BJ in the car? Does he pay?

0|0
    0|0
    • We've never had sex, we do things together and make out and hold hands. He pays. But he calls me his friend.

• Then you are neither hook-up nor friends with benefits. You are a date on the path to girlfriend.

• You are a date this guy likes you. Hookups and friends with benefits have sexual connotations to them. Some girls see that as a negative as potentially being used. I wish I could say that's not true but their suspicions are justifiable although not all the time. A hookup usually is just for sex. But you are a date this guy likes you he enjoys your company and he enjoys being with you. You might not think it's a date he might not call it a date – but it is enjoy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pretty simple; if a guy is actively trying to take you on dates, shows openness to commitment and relationships, shows a interest in your life and makes a genuine effort to move things forward he's likely interested in more.

Hookups want sex from you and everything will revolve around sexual things. They might ask out about you and there might be a date involved but it always ends in sexual things and they express no desire to take things further than sex.

Friends with benefits is close to the above mentioned but the difference is they take on a friendship level and will possibly hang out in a non sexual setting too. However, once again the depth and willingness to actually date you and be with you romantically is gone.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Communicating with your partner and hoping they are honest, is the only way to know.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• quite simple. you either set up boundaries or walk past them. that's how you know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way to know is to ask. But if you're dating, you tend to do actual dates. friends with benefits is lots of hooking up over time and a little bit of time spent together (but always at each other's place) and a hookup tends to be once or twice.

0|0
    0|0