Would you date a person with a child/children?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Being the only "yes" so far, I'd say that we could not really say never, couldn't we? It all depends on the context and, of course, on the person itself.

This said, yes, it is a much more complex game when there are kids involved, and it is not something most people would desire at first.

Also consider the age factor: the older you are, the more probable is that your partners about the same age will have kids (or teens, or grown ups). If you're younger, most people will think it would not worth the risk by default, so it would be harder to discover the chemistry...

... harder but not impossible. ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not right now, no. I'm still in education, I don't have a job, I don't have time for a child in my life and I'm not responsible enough for one yet. I don't really have the ability to have a kid of my own, certainly not to get involved with someone else's.

What Guys Said 20

• That's a tough one. I married and divorced a women who had a kid once. it is the one big regret in my life. I loved that little kids, just as much as I loved her mom and my own kids. However, when her mom left me, I had no rights to the child, and she took her away from me. To this day, I miss her.

However, I cannot say that I wish I never meet this little girl. It would be like saying I wish I had never had kids.

• I would and I have. But there are boundaries. @jacquesvol mention a couple of them and the visiting rights is probably the important one for me.

• tried, failed.

• Why not? She might be my soul mate. Having a kid or three in tow is NOT going to put me off the girl of my dreams.

• That depends on the age of the children and on the visiting rights of her ex and her ex's mother.

• No way in hell.

• -no, if these kids see me as the father and the law forces me into the role of assumed father i am fucked because i need to take care of kids for a long time and these kids aren't even mine.

• The man who raises a child is its *real* father. The guy who provided sperm has no importance: it's not a magical fluid.

• 'bastard' shaming, how deliciously Puritan!

• @jacquesvol shaming? what shaming? i have no moral obligations and hopefully no legal ones to raise and be financially responsible for children that i haven not conceived. and nobody can obligate me to do so especially internet people such as yourself. my children come first.

• No, it's even worse then the fact that she is not virgin, it's children of other men.

• right now, no. I'm not ready for a child

• No I wouldn't. How does that even supposed to work? The girl has to find a guy that is compatible with both her and her kid and most of the time the guy is one or the other never both. It never works.

• Been their done that and don't you fucking dare! save yourself! run! don't stop RUNNING! RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!

• May be someone who has lost her husband too soon.
    You never know !!

• No because her baby daddy is probably in prison and he he gets out he will shank me

• I might

• No I wouldn't touch a person with a child

• Probably not

• Hard pass for me thanks lol

• nope

• i won't flat out say no, it all depends on my love for the person

• Hell no, I don't want any responsibility and wouldn't deal with a kid if it wasn't mine.

What Girls Said 17

• Not about that baby drama, I'll pass.

• Probably not at my age.

• No way.

• No, I wouldn't. We would have lots of problems because of their child/children. Too much drama, I wouldn't handle it.

• no way

• No, I wouldn't.

• Vote A.

I like older men so have + do.
    I forever refuse to meet their children when my dates ask me to though.

• only if those kids are mine.

• I'm not at that point in my life right now. I don't think I could handle it, and someone's kids should always come first.

• Nope

• probably not tbh. i love kids but i want my own

• I'd rather not

• As of right now, nope. I'm way too young to be someone's step-mom.

• Yes. I love kids.

• I'd Rather not but I don't feel in a position to be fussy

• If I was older, maybe but at my age no.

• It's easier to date one with kids if you have kids too so a single person wouldn't feel that way.